STS Technical Services is Hiring Space Radiation Survivability Engineers in Denver, Colorado!
Seeking a radiation effects engineer to work as a program analyst, responsible for developing and implementing radiation assurance plans for various programs. Engineer will be responsible for reviewing all design components and ensuring that these meet program radiation requirements through research of available characterization or test data. This data is then combined with a thorough analysis of the system design and architecture to model and calculate the radiation induced upset rates on-orbit and demonstrate design reliability and availability. This person will prepare and present a summary of radiation analyses at customer design reviews as needed. Engineer will also provide analysis and reporting for radiation testing and occasional travel will be required to support testing.
Job Description / Requirements:
* Working with management to assess program radiation requirements
* Researching available databases for applicable component radiation performance and test data, developing
* Supervising, and running tests to evaluate component susceptibility to radiation environments
* This person will also request quotes and schedule radiation testing with outside services
* Lead rad-test design and program analysis efforts
* Organize and control company component radiation data for ease of access
* Generate radiation analysis reports for internal and external review / approval
* Coordinate with other departments for project inputs and requirements
* Prepare and present summary of radiation analyses at customer design reviews as needed, and peer review technical reports and papers
* At a minimum the candidate will have a B.S. degree in Physics, Electrical Engineering, or another relevant discipline and at least 3 years in radiation effects in spacecraft electronic systems
* Company is willing to provide relocation assistance for this role
* U.S. Citizenship required
To learn more about this position and to speak to a Recruitment Professional directly, simply call.
We’d be more than happy to assist you in any way we can!