about 1 month ago
Space Program Virtual / Augmented Reality Software Engineer
Houston, TX US
What You’ll Get to Do:
CACI is looking for an engineer with experience in virtual reality (VR) / augmented reality (AR) software development, to work with us in the Virtual Reality Training Laboratory (VRL) at NASA / Johnson Space Center (JSC) in Houston, TX where we support a broad range of NASA’s crewed space activities.
We are building the team that will take astronauts back to the Moon and on to Mars and are looking to add a computer scientist or engineer to our team. The position requires background in Computer Graphics/VR/AR to support our efforts to continue developing software technology used to model the space environment and complex space systems for astronaut training, extra-vehicular activity (EVA) planning and review, and future human exploration vehicle design review. Candidates should have significant experience in computer graphics, VR/AR software and possess great passion to contribute to our Nation’s exploration of space.
This work takes place in a highly stimulating and dynamic environment that is critical in the human space exploration initiative. This position requires a self-motivated, capable person wanting to work in a team-oriented, friendly, but demanding, environment. The ideal individual should have strong verbal and written communication skills, and strong customer relationship skills.
Above all, the individual will have a positive, can-do attitude, be flexible, and be willing to take on new assignments and responsibilities as they arise.
More About the Role:
Job Responsibilities include:
* Develop complex VR/AR prototype systems to meet customer requirements
* Contribute to VR/AR training systems in support of astronaut training
* Contribute to the development of advanced features of VR Lab software products
* Maintain state-of-the-art skills in VR/AR and act as a resource in VR/AR development
* Assist in the daily operations of the JSC Virtual Reality Lab training facility as needed
You’ll Bring These Qualifications
* Must be a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident for access to USG facilities.
* B.S. in Computer Science, Computational Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related degree with significant coursework involving software project development.
* Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in relevant Computer Graphics/VR/AR applications. Additional experience valued.
* Strong computer and software skills in both Linux and Windows environments using C/C++.
* Individual must have strong customer focus with willingness and desire to go above and beyond to respond to a client’s needs.
* Must be a highly responsible, team-oriented individual with strong communication skills and work ethic.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
* M.S. in Computer Science, Computational Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related degree.
* Human computer interaction system design experience.
* Experience with Unity and/or Unreal graphics engines.
* Experience with Vive / Lighthouse system, Oculus Rift system, and/or Microsoft Mixed Reality systems.
* Experience with other graphical tools such as Blender, AC3D, Maya, Photoshop, GIMP, etc., a plus.
* Experience with software simulation.
* Experience with Tcl/Tk a plus.
What We Can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.