about 1 month ago
Software Wireless Protocol Engineer
Denver, CO US
Under general direction, develop advanced protocol processing and processing algorithms for unique applications. The programs are for applied research and technology in an advanced networking and communication organization that supports U.S. Government DoD, Civilian, and Advanced Programs communities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Apply and perform systems analysis, modeling and simulation of processing systems and demonstrate systems via simulated and/or real data input
* Perform functional analysis, performance analysis and synthesis of protocol implementations (including physical transmission convergence and higher layer) for Radio and Core Access Technologies
* Conceptualize, define, design and prototype systems engineering solutions
* Travel to other CACI Locations or Customer Sites as necessary
Skills and Knowledge:
* Working knowledge of radio access, core network, interface protocol and the call flows over these interfaces
* Experience in 3GPP/IEEE/ANSI/ITU/ETSI Wireless and Trunked mobile radio protocols and survey tools
* Demonstrated ability to rapidly prototype protocols and applications
* Demonstrated knowledge of object-Digioriented architecture, programming and programming methods
* Knowledge of HOL such as C, C++ and associated development frameworks
* Experience with Linux
* Demonstrated ability to leverage open source programs, rapid integration methods, web interfaces and services implementation, XML implementation methods
* Object oriented architecture, programming and programming methods required
* Demonstrated experience or knowledge of software methods – from those that are highly formal requiring extensive documentation and reviews to ‘extreme’ programming techniques
* There is no clearance requirement to begin employment. As a requirement of continued employment you will be required to obtain Secret clearance.
Minimum Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related Engineering degree.
Work is typically performed in an office environment which requires proper safety precautions. Work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes, or equipment.
What We Can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.