** Software Test Engineer **
Oaklands Global has been commissioned by a leading aviation client to identify and recruit an experienced Software Test Engineer on a permanent basis.
• Development of automated test collateral using Selenium (and Protractor in Angular front-end environments).
• Writing, maintain and executing test cases that effectively exercise identified customer scenarios.
• Contribute, in conjunction with other members of the team, to ensure all software errors are identified and corrected.
• Reporting on various KPIs and metrics.
• Taking an active role in sprint planning, retrospective and reviews.
• Validating the successful delivery of sprint goals and user stories.
• Maintain the testing collateral utilising version control systems.
• Promoting re-use of test collateral.
• Production of test plans and contribution to the test strategy.
• Understanding customer requirements and working alongside the product owner to assure acceptance criteria are met.
Candidate qualifications / experience required:
The technical skills/experience required are:
• Experience with Selenium development using C# drivers.
• Experience with Angular testing using Protractor.
• Knowledge of utilising defect tracking systems, ideally VSTS.
• Exposure to working in a TDD environment.
• Experience utilising version control systems, preferably Git
• Knowledge of cloud technologies (specifically Azure)
• Knowledge of application and web security with exposure to security testing tools
• Strong problem-solving skills with an ability to write clear reproduction scenarios when issues are found.
• Excellent organisational and time management skills.
• Strong collaborative team player with Agile Scrum experience
• Ability to work well under pressure, both as part of the team and on own initiative.
• Confident and able to communicate with technical and non-technical colleagues.
Why work with Oaklands Global
Oaklands Global is a supplier of choice for leading Aviation & Aerospace Companies worldwide. We understand what our Client’s need and equally as importantly what they don’t need. The same goes for our Candidates. Oaklands Global has over 25 years supporting candidates at all levels to help identify and secure their next position. At Oaklands Global we manage all applications with the upmost professionalism and confidentiality.
If the above opportunity is of interest to you, please forward your CV to Callum Devaney in confidence. You must hold the right to live and work in the UK.
Please note that due to high numbers of applications, unless you are contacted within 7 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Oaklands Global is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.