4 months ago
Software Quality Engineer Sr
QA/Test and Inspection
Ampthill - Bedfordshire
Specific Job Description
The main effort within the role will be to support the Vehicle Franchise through Development & Production phases of the programme and everything that falls within its scope. This will include Non-Conformance management, MRB activity, As-Built lists, Data Pack generation and SAP operations relating to extensive MMs, Inspection Plans & PRs. You will be required to work the standard nine day fortnight (37.5 hours per week) but there may be a need during periods of high tempo and to meet key milestones to work overtime, this can be evening, off Friday and occasionally over the weekend
Job Reference Number
Hours Per Week
United Kingdom (UK)
Lockheed Martin (UK) Ampthill is a rapidly changing, dynamic part of the Lockheed Martin Corporation with both domestic and international customers. It consists of three business areas focusing on Vehicles, Special Projects and Mission Support, which provide a variety of products and services to the MoD and other customers including the Warrior CSP, Scout and support to the Land Environment Air Picture Provision capability.
We are looking for talented individuals to join the company, in return, we can offer an exciting and challenging career path.
Please note that Lockheed Martin Ampthill work a 9 day fortnight with the site closed every second Friday.
Clearance Required for Role
Graduate, Intern or Apprentice Vacancy?
Required skills, qualifications and experience
Experienced Software Quality Engineer having prior successes working with Build-to-Print Manufacturers and Internal Design Teams
* Experience in Software Quality Assurance, especially working with large system design and manufacture sub contracts, FAT Testing & Non-Conformance management.
* Experience or knowledge of SQA tools such as APQP, PPAP, MSA, SPC, Control Plans, managing MRBs, producing Data Packs& As-Built lists.
* Management of non-conformances, trend assessment and identification of risks, strong SAP user skills.
* Experience of leading RCCA teams and Material Review Boards to drive solutions to issues and develop robust preventative actions.
* Knowledge of AS9100 and ISO9001.
* Knowledge of Electrical / Electronic Manufacturing / Vehicle integration / Composites / Machining in the Space, Automotive and / or Defence sectors.
* Strong interpersonal skills: ability to initiate and maintain relationships with challenging international suppliers and manage frequent interactions with senior LM management and other internal customers.
* Ability to challenge individuals at all levels to ensure compliance to business processes and standards.
* Extensive SAP user skills, Certificate of Design experience, understanding of process improvement, experience in corrective action boards, material review boards, root cause analysis & corrective action plan appreciation.
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
* Strong SAP skills would be of benefit.
* Ability to work unsupervised or within a team.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin recognises and actively promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. Discrimination on any of these grounds is expressly forbidden. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community.