Our Wimborne (Dorset) based client is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defence systems in the air, on land and at sea. Their Mission Systems division are looking for a candidate to grow and develop in a Software Quality Engineer role - attitude is more important than vast experience. You would develop, implement and maintain software working procedures to ensure life cycle compliance with software standards/management systems such as ISO9001 & TickITplus, airworthiness requirements, and other Customer contractual conditions. This role could be suitable for either an experienced Software Quality Engineer, or a Graduate Software Engineer/Developer looking to grow their career.
· Monitor, maintain, and implement improvements to the software QMS, including Life Cycle Management, to ensure its effectiveness - update of relevant company procedures as required
· Implementation of software quality audits to monitor compliance with project plans and company processes including software conformity reviews in advance of releases
· Ensure effective software problem reporting, root cause analysis, and corrective action implementation
· Carry out general software Quality Assurance tasks as required including internal software LCM reviews, software document review and approvals, and software change control and verification activities
Minimum criteria: -
· Graduate and/ or equivalent experience in Aerospace, Engineering or Computer Science.
· Engineering or Software Development experience in a business environment within a graduate scheme and/or business environment
· ISO9001 quality standard working experience - need to have worked to this QMS standard in a commercial organisation
· Familiarity with a company software quality audit process
· Familiarity with systems and software engineering processes, and software verification and validation techniques
· Familiarity with configuration management techniques and software configuration management tools
You need to have a keen interest in developing a career in Quality Engineering and Software. You will be expected to have researched and understand quality principles at interview. Please note - there is no point applying if youre not genuinely interested in Aerospace or Quality as this will be tested in interview. They are looking for longevity as they will be investing hugely in the successful candidate. As a global leader delivering mission-critical technology, our client trusts their employees to draw on ingenuity and passion, leading to an empowering culture. Their Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring. This is a fantastic Software Quality Engineer opportunity for someone based in Wimborne, Poole or Bournemouth, looking for a long term career development opportunity. n.b. salary surveys across all our clients showed Quality as receiving the highest salary increases in 2017 - its set to continue as an in-demand skillset.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.