3 months ago
United States of America
CAN03: Carrier-Charlotte, NC 9701 Old Statesville Road, Charlotte, NC, 28269 USA
Software Project Manager
We are searching for a hands-on, software technical project manager to play a key role in the conceptualization, design, development, testing and validation of software for HVAC control systems in Charlotte, NC. The selected individual will work on the design and validation of software applications executing on embedded Linux platforms based on ARM and TI processors using C and C++. As part of the product support function the selected individual will be expected to lead projects by working closely with other organizations to analyze product failures or feature requests to rapidly develop and deploy new software.
The software project manager position is a critical position that works closely with product development engineers, SQA teams, product managers, quality representatives and field representatives to analyze product requirements, develop concepts and estimate deliveries, design and implement software changes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Technical leadership
* Technical software engineering Team Leader / Software Project Engineer
* Functional requirements elicitation, analysis & specification
* Functional architecture, design & implementation of embedded control systems
* Provide schedule & cost estimates and status for software projects
* Own software development activities on assigned projects from conceptual design to deployment.
* Work alongside the team to design, implement or modify existing control algorithms for equipment control using C or C++.
* Provide technical know-how and leadership during root cause analysis of product issues.
* Ensure that software developed is reviewed by peers and acceptance criteria is clearly agreed upon.
* Conduct risk assessments on software development activities and create mitigation plans
* Create through collaboration design documentation as required to document designs and changes for review and future product support.
* Work closely with product managers and other groups to prioritize functionality to be implemented.
* Work closely with software quality assurance resources to create test plans and ensure that issues are properly assigned, fixed, and closed
* Participate in team meetings to clearly communicate software development status.
* Provide mentoring to junior team members.
* Product development & support
* Participate in product development and support activities by contributing ideas, concerns, risk analysis and mitigation as required
* Ensure that proper process and methodologies are followed during software development.
* Continuous improvement
* Actively participate in process improvement activities to improve the quality of the products delivered by the organization
* Lead the creation of standard work and process documents for software development and design.
Required Skills and Experience
* Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or Computer Engineering with at 8-10 years of experience.
* Proven repeated experience with development and troubleshooting of software in Linux systems using C & C++.
* Proven experience at designing software with reusable components and interfaces.
* Proven repeated experience supporting and managing multiple software baselines.
* Proven experience working with modern source control tools and requirements management tools.
* Broad experience with development environments for desktop or embedded software development (Visual Studio w/cross-compilation, Eclipse)
* Strong organization, communication and interpersonal skills
* Able to exhibit technical leadership with peers and team members.
* Able to communicate complex technical concepts across technical and non-technical organizations.
Preferred Skills and Experience
* Experience working with geographically dispersed teams.
* Experience with the GNU toolchain.Knowledge of Agile Scrum a plus.
* Working knowledge of CMake a plus.
* Familiarity with UML & SYSML a plus.
* Knowledge of BACnet and other HVAC communication protocols preferred.
* Knowledge of IBM Jazz preferred.
* Experience with model-based design techniques desired (i.e. Matlab/Simulink) a plus
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.