3 months ago
Software Engineer - Unity 3D
Job ID: 467050BR Date posted: Jan. 17, City: Albuquerque State: New MexicoProgram: USMC/Navair
Description:Lockheed Martin is seeking a Unity3D software developer to develop simulation and scenarios in VR and AR. The position involves developing immersive simulations for training professionals in military procedures. We utilize accurate 3D models of aircraft to interact in real time with the AR or VR elements and perform simulation scenarios. The Unity3D developer will be building the simulation apps for the VR/AR glasses or phone/tablet. Candidates must have a solid computer science background. Position offers a great opportunity to work on cutting-edge research in the field of VR and AR.
• Developing the future of military training by working on cutting-edge technologies
• Building Virtual and Augmented Reality simulations and experimental prototypes
• Working in C# and Unity3D to create clean, organized, optimized, reusable code modules that can be used over and over again for multiple projects
• Working with multiple 3rd Party SDKs to integrate AR/VR tracking, computer vision and haptics into Unity
• Building amazing 3D simulations using the latest in AR/VR/MR technology
- Experience with Augmented Reality and/or Virtual Reality technologies.
- experience working in Unity3D and C#
- experience implementing 3D games and/or 3D simulations in Unity3D
- experience working with animated and rigged 3D models in Unity3D
- experience with C++, and fluent knowledge of OOP, design patterns, event delegates, asynchronous functions, data structures and algorithms
- experience working with a team in a professional capacity,
- Experience with Virtual Reality in Unity3D
- High standards for work quality, self-motivated, able to work with minimal supervision
- Willingness to mentor junior employees and 3D modelers
- Creation for 2D emulators for iOS or desktop
• Experience with rendering pipelines on different platforms, profiling and optimization techniques in VR
• MS degree in Computer Science, Human Computer Interaction, or related field experience
• Experience with 3D Graphics
• Experience with Android / iOS development
• Experience with Shader Programming
• Experience programming network protocols communication (ex: UDP/TCP, HTTP, Bluetooth)
• Experience with 3D modeling tools (ex: Maya, 3D Max, or Blender)
• Experience with Unity3D interfacing other external data elements
• Create panels for SIL/SAGE
** Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent Engineering program.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional Business Unit: ESS6500 RMS Relocation Available: Possible Career Area: Software Engineering Clearance Level: Secret Type: Task Order/IDIQ Virtual Location: no Work Schedule: TEMPO: 5X8 - 5 days/wk 8 hrs/day (Flex & Rigid) Shift: First