about 1 month ago
Software Engineer Technical Lead–Java/C++
Req #: 222842
Location: Sterling, VA US
Job Category: Engineering
Minimum Security Clearance: TS/SCI
Our team is looking for a talented Java/C++ software engineer technical lead to build, enhance, and maintain complex and cutting edge software systems for the US Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR) community. The selected candidate will be part of a team of ten to fifteen developers/testers performing a variety of complex engineering tasks including: analysis, design, development, and test for multiple product areas, to include work on an advanced electronic warfare and signals intelligence system. The successful candidate may also be asked to lead a small team of developers to create advanced software and systems. Come join a dynamic and fun team at the bleeding edge of technology!
Offices for this opportunity are in Sterling, VA OR Austin, TX.
More about the Role:
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary technical teams.
- Potential to perform as project lead with the responsibility for instruction, assignment, direction and monitoring of the performance of assigned software developers, to include cost and schedule responsibilities.
- Provide recommendations to management concerning issues of developer productivity and software development management.
- Create technical content for white paper and proposal development projects.
- Prepare complex engineering analysis of projects and support proposal and planning efforts.
- Analyze requirements to derive software design and performance requirements.
- Design and code new software as well as modify existing code to add features and functionality.
- Debug existing software.
- Develop code necessary to complete tasks in the specified time according to standards and guidelines.
- Employ design, development, and testing best practices.
- Profile, analyze, and optimize implemented software.
- Collaborate with hardware or software designers/engineers and analysts to develop, analyze, and evaluate hardware, software, and systems.
- Evaluate emerging technologies to determine advantages and disadvantages of potential solutions in virtual, web-based, and desktop applications.
- US Citizenship required along with the ability to secure and retain a TS/SCI security clearance.
- Experience leading technical teams to complete delivery of software products.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies.
- Expert level Java or C++ development experience.
- Willingness to learn and apply the best technology for a given application.
- Solid understanding of software complex design concepts, patterns, tools and best practices.
- Experience with distributed/asynchronous programming models.
- Ability to make and lead architectural decisions in a highly collaborative environment on issues such as client- and server-side state management, bandwidth usage, and performance.
- Proven delivery of production-grade applications including security, diagnostics, maintainability, scalability, auditing, and complex multi-layer troubleshooting.
- Typically requires a Bachelors or equivalent in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering and a minimum of 7 years of related experience.
- Ability to obtain a TS/SCI clearance.
- Experience with AWS (including AWS Certifications).
- Background in web technologies is highly desired.
- Experience with database programming and cloud technologies.
- Working knowledge of signal processing fundamentals.
- Working knowledge of MATLAB.
- Active TS/SCI security clearance.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.