3 months ago
Software Engineer / OOD / API's / C++, C#, or Java / Goleta, CA
Job ID: 464394BR Date posted: Dec. 13, City: Goleta State: California
Description:Lead the development and troubleshooting of software for real-time infrared imaging systems and embedded infrared cameras. Skilled in all phases of software development, control, and documentation. Experienced in C and C++ programming, with some exposure or experience with MATLAB and/or Python programming. Familiarity using a Microsoft Windows environment and programming with Microsoft APIs.
• Create procedure documents and document changes
• Develop new features and maintain a multithreaded C++ software application
• Interface with framegrabber APIs
• Test and troubleshoot new and existing software features
• Work closely with multi-disciplinary engineering teams to support their efforts
• Ability to work all aspects of software development, troubleshooting, release, and support
• Organized and self-motivated individual with demonstrated ability to multi-task
You will have the opportunity to work within a small site with a big impact for a large corporation. The Multi-disciplined engineering team provides exposure and growth potential in a number of areas and the ability to interact directly with industry experts, directors, and customers. Located near UCSB and the beach with great weather, outdoor lifestyle, and diverse culture with the option to work a flexible schedule- so you can enjoy all that the Santa Barbara area has to offer.
Relocation: Relocation assistance is possible for this exciting position.
The Locale: Goleta is a city in southern Santa Barbara County, California. Goleta is part of the central coast region of California and offers lots of great scenery and is a great place to live and to raise a family. The region is known primarily for agriculture and tourism. Major crops include wine grapes, lettuce, strawberries, and artichokes. Goleta is near the University of California, Santa Barbara campus. Much of Goleta is considered to be a quiet suburban community while Santa Barbara tends to attract most of the tourists and the area's residents. Goleta is about 8 miles west of the city of Santa Barbara, along the coast (the coast runs east to west in this portion of southern California). Where can you drive to from Goleta? Goleta is 2 hours northwest of Los Angeles. San Francisco is about 5 hours to the north of Goleta. Las Vegas, NV is about 5 hours to the northeast.
Bachelors in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related discipline from an accredited college OR 5 years experience with C++
• Position requires access to export controlled data so candidate must be a US citizen
• Minimum 2 years experience leading or mentoring other software engineers
• Minimum 2 years experience using git, mercurial or other modern source control management tool
• Minimum 2 years experience troubleshooting software on a Windows environment
• Minimum 7 years professional experience as a software engineer using an object-oriented language such as C++, C#, or Java
• Access to export controlled information so must be a US Citizen.
Masters degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related discipline from an accredited college OR 5 years experience with C++
• 10+ years professional software engineering using an object-oriented language such as C++, C#, or Java
• IT support skills to setup and maintain computers and environment
• Windows Driver development
• Windows hardware interfacing (framegrabbers, etc.)
• Basic hardware knowledge
• Boost C++ library
• C++11 or higher
• Direct3D API of openGL
• GPU programming
• Image processing
• Linux troubleshooting experience
• Microsoft MFC/Win32 APIs
• PostgreSQL or other SQL-based database
• Visual Studio
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional Business Unit: ESS0385 MISSILES AND FIRE CONTROL Relocation Available: Possible Career Area: Software Engineering Clearance Level: None Type: Full-Time Virtual Location: no Work Schedule: FLEX9x80A-Friday off in 2nd week w/flex hrs/day Shift: First