3 months ago
United States of America
HVA34: Sterling, VA 22640 Davis Dr , Sterling, VA, USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Collins Aerospace makes modern flight possible. Of course, that wouldn’t be possible without the capabilities and technologies of our organization, as well as our engineers – a highly skilled, accomplished network that spans more than 180 sites, 24 countries and 6 Strategic Business Units (SBUs).
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn’t shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies.
Together, we will nurture an engineering culture that values intellectual curiosity, risk takers and integrity. A place where we will challenge ourselves, our teams, and the status quo and where we will work to find a way – the right way – to achieve what others can only dream of.
Seeking a software engineering graduate with a keen interest in aviation and technology, and who enjoys solving technical problems, obtaining knowledge, and working with a highly skilled team of engineers. An ideal candidate should have the desire to learn about aircraft systems and building advanced flight and mission simulators for commercial and military customers in a dynamic environment. A systematic and disciplined approach to the design, construction, analysis, and testing of software will be required. Engineers who use independent judgement to make day-to-day decisions and will actively seek out new challenges and responsibilities are highly valued.
* Modeling and simulation of complex aircraft systems and interfaces using object oriented programming concepts.
* Obtain and apply knowledge of aviation, systems simulation, coding best practices, and software development methods and tools
* Design, code, unit test, and document software components to meet program requirements, satisfy software problem reports, and fulfill change requests.
* Contribute to software engineering requirements capture, analysis and creation for well-defined software designs.
* Participate in cross-functional team efforts such as hardware integration, regression testing, and documentation.
* Perform software debugging using appropriate techniques and tools.
* Provides engineering estimates for own work.
* Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline.
* US Department of Defense Security Clearance, or the ability to obtain one
* Strong knowledge of C, C++, and object oriented programming principles
* Familiarity with aircraft, spacecraft, satellite, and/or communications systems. Other systems modeling experience will be considered.
* Good written and oral communication skills
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
* Medical, dental, and vision insurance
* Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
* Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
* Tuition reimbursement
* Life insurance and disability coverage
* And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.