4 months ago
Software Engineer - Mission Planning
Job ID: 458925BR Date posted: Oct. 26, City: Mount Laurel State: New Jersey
Description:At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
This position is for an experienced professional engineer to become a member of the Software Engineering COE, as part of the Mission Planner (MP) Software development team. The engineer will report directly to the MP software manager and will be responsible for achieving program commitments. The engineer will provide MP technical support and perform MP software development assignments from requirements analysis through final testing in the area of Ballistic Missile Defense (BMD), Anti-air Warfare (AAW), or Integrated Air and Missile Defense (IAMD) scenarios as part of the Aegis Weapon System (AWS). The engineer will work with domain experts and military documentation to define requirements, use cases, sequence diagrams, design system components using Object Oriented methods, implement MP scenarios in C++ and/or Java, and document software designs and development.
The engineer will be responsible for following the appropriate standards, processes, and procedures throughout the software development life cycle. The engineer will support MP technical leads with technical status and task schedules.
- BS Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Physics, or closely related technical field.
- Software experience in the Defense industry
- Professional level experience in at least one area: C/C++ programming and/or JAVA programming.
- Academic and/or educational experience with design and development of software using JAVA or C++ is required.
- Must have the ability to obtain & maintain a secret security clearance.
- An MS level degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Physics, or closely related technical field may be desirable.
- Algorithmic software development, Database Experience – MySQL and/or GUI Development
- A demonstrated interest and ability to learn new tools and technologies and successfully leverage those to successfully complete projects in a timely manner. Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing. The ability to collaborate effectively. The ability to research technical challenges and provide effective solutions. The ability to work well in a team environment and independently.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional Business Unit: ESS6500 RMS Relocation Available: Possible Career Area: Software Engineering Clearance Level: Secret Type: Full-Time Virtual Location: no Work Schedule: TEMPO: 5X8 - 5 days/wk 8 hrs/day (Flex & Rigid) Shift: First