10 months ago
Connect, Protect, Explore, and Inspire the World though Aerospace Innovation!
Boeing Defense, Space, and Security (BDS) is currently seeking experienced software engineers (Level 3) to continue their careers with a team where software really matters. We are currently hiring for a variety of exciting opportunities with defense-related air-vehicle and modeling and simulation products in St. Louis, Missouri.
Applications include state-of-the-art sensing, communication, navigation, displays, simulation, and mission processing capabilities targeted at our fighter aircraft and associated products.
Software is an integral part of each of these products and these products are integral parts of the defense of multiple nations. If you come to work with us, you will be responsible for full life-cycle software development. Specifically you will have a hand in defining the requirements; designing, implementing, testing, and integrating the software; and supporting these products through delivery and in the field.
Software is implemented in a number of programming languages based on the target hardware and customer requirements. Opportunities exist to develop software ranging from low-level embedded code to C++ executing on networked Linux systems in flight simulators using 3D graphics. Additionally, Boeing is investing in a new Software Development Environment (SDE) to take advantage of the latest industry tool sets in order to maximize developer productivity.
You will work with a team in a professional yet casual environment where quality is critical. These are truly exciting, difference making opportunities in which your personal contribution will ensure that our products work right every time.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications (Required):
* The ability to obtain a U.S Secret Security Clearance. (Post hire)
* Professional experience in software development for real-time or near real-time systems.
* Experience working through the software development lifecycle (including requirements analysis and development, design, code, integration, and test).
* Existing US DoD security clearance at the Secret or above level
* Bachelors degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering with strong software skills
* Real-time embedded software development experience in domains such as avionics, simulation, modeling, or test equipment software
* Knowledge of or experience with agile software development concepts
* Professional experience with C++, C#, and/or Java.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Ability and desire to work in a team environment
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 5 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 3 or more years' experience or PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award