4 months ago
Delta Air Lines is one of the world's leading international airlines and our number one focus is to enhance all aspects of each customer's travel experience. Delta is seeking an API Manager to perform the following key job functions:
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES IN THIS ROLE
- Lead development teams to plan, design, and implement APIs and services allowing graceful and efficient access to platform services and capabilities
- Assist with evangelization of the APIs, services, and capabilities the team builds to enable efficient client applications that are quick to market
- Accountable for ensuring delivery excellence while maintaining a product over project mindset
- Work with business and IT leadership throughout the strategic planning process to prioritize and scope future features and capabilities.
- Work with business and IT leadership to prioritize support and tactical issues to address immediate business needs while maintaining strategic direction.
- Plan staffing needs and allocations to support projects, initiatives, and support.
- Ensure service levels are understood and supports them being met.
- Communicate effectively with IT management, business partners and peers.
- Sets uncompromisingly high standards of performance for self and subordinates.
- Display a strong work ethic and sense of urgency. Demonstrates strong initiative to make things happen.
- Act as a change agent, initiating appropriate changes to support business growth, reduce operational costs, and/or improve service levels.
- Guides technologists to make sound decisions that support company priorities.
- Leadership of Development Team Members
- Collaborate with portfolio and Enterprise Architecture teams to drive the transformation and delivery of reliable, scalable and highly available Revenue Management Domain APIs
- Ensure API strategy is planned and executed consistently
SETTING PERFORMANCE DIRECTION: Translating broader business initiatives into clear team objectives and concrete individual goals, aligning appropriately with other groups for efficient, coordinated action.
MOTIVATING OTHERS: Creating a team environment where everyone wants to do their best and deliver results
DELEGATING: Broadly sharing responsibility and accountability of both routine and important tasks and decisions. Let direct reports finish their own work.
DEVELOPING AND COACHING OTHERS: Having awareness of each person's career goals; hold development discussions; and provide challenging tasks and assignments to promote development
HOLDING PEOPLE ACCOUNTABLE: Monitoring progress and results; give feedback effectively and make tough decisions when appropriate.
WARE WE LOOKING FOR? / WHAT EXPERIENCE DO YOU NEED?
- At least 7 - 10+ years' experience with leading a team in development/implementation/support of mission critical APIs with high volume/throughput.
- Experienced working on Agile teams
- Must have proven track record of delivery on large programs
- Must have played a lead role in building/maintaining/supporting/enhancing APIs representing a domain
- Experience working with Devops model is desirable
- Exposure to APIGEE platform preferred
Delta Air Lines develops both strategic and tactical plans that create a safety-conscious environment resulting in employee safety and well-being.