4 months ago
Software Engineer (Machine Learning)
Specific Job Description
Reporting to the Software Engineering Manager and under general direction of the Engineering Leadership Team, the role provides support to programmes as used by Military and Commercial customers.
• Design and develop software from requirements.
• Transfer knowledge and techniques from academic research into commercially viable software.
• Support Systems Engineering in analysis and capture of requirements.
• Develop software requiring mathematical constructs and algorithms.
• Contribute towards identifying suitable software modelling and development tools.
• Provide estimates for work and contribute to the production of metrics to track progress.
• Support software development through the SDLC according to the Software Development Plan.
• Knowledge transfer - Be active in transferring knowledge to new contract and permanent staff, including documentation of design and code, user guides, white board sessions, seminars and 1-2-1 training.
Job Reference Number
Hours Per Week
United Kingdom (UK)
Established in 1991, Rotary and Mission Systems Integrated Systems (RMS IS), is a leading prime contractor and systems integrator responsible for a wide portfolio of high technology programmes, complex integration, training and through-life support, spanning the defence and civil sectors. The LM RMS IS business, a leading provider of systems engineering, software development and complex programme management for global security, cyber, civil and commercial markets.
Clearance Required for Role
Graduate, Intern or Apprentice Vacancy?
Required skills, qualifications and experience
• Degree in Computer Science, Maths or other subject relevant to the role.
• A desire to study new technologies and to provide working prototypes and demonstrations of new techniques.
• An understanding of optimisation of software design and code for speed, memory constraints, maintainability etc.
• Solid skills in C/C++.
• Good communication skills, able to design, arrange and deliver training sessions.
• Ability to work well in a team environment.
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
• Experience with model-based software development and code generation.
• Machine Learning.
• Agile Development.
• Java/J2EE or Ada95.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin recognises and actively promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. Discrimination on any of these grounds is expressly forbidden. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community.