4 months ago
Software Engineer – Journeyman
Req #: 208815_21001
Location: Aberdeen, MD US
Job Category: Engineering
Security Clearance: Secret
Clearance Status: Must Be Current
What You’ll Get to Do:
The CACI Inc Mission Solutions and Services Business Group has an immediate opening for a highly-organized and productive Software Engineer - Journeyman to join our mission-driven SETA team. If you thrive in a challenging, fast-paced work environment with a variety of job duties, we invite you to consider this as your next career move. This role offers the opportunity to work with a team of seasoned staffing, technical, and program management professionals who thrive on supporting our client's mission and growth objectives.
More About the Role:
* Candidate will provide direct support to PEO-C3T, PM Mission Command and various offices supporting SETA/Execution Contractors in a wide range of software engineering services to ensure PM MC products are compliant with program requirements and objectives, interoperability requirements, configuration management requirements, and similar Program-Wide responsibilities.
* Evaluate software and hardware versions and updates in terms of capability, network and initialization impacts (ports and protocols, LDIF, UTO, MUL, JMUL).
* Provide systems analysis and control support, including trade off studies, architecture and infrastructure simplification, software/hardware integration and consolidation, effectiveness analysis, risk management, configuration management, interface management, data management and performance measurement.
* Apply technical expertise to assess emerging technology standards and advancements to develop design solutions in compliance with Collapse Architecture, Common Operating Environment (COE), and Battlefield Functional Area mission requirements.
* Manage PM Mission Command’s software licensing process. This includes reviewing current requirements, establishing an automated system and related processes to manage these licenses, and providing the PM MC with options to streamline the software license management process.
* Understand the Agile software development framework and methodologies.
* Develop and review software source code written in common commercial programing and scripting languages to include but not be limited to C, C++, Java, Java Script, Python, Power Shell and PHP.
* Provide assistance in the preparation and development of requirements definition, preliminary planning and the evaluation of alternative technical approaches and costs.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
* US Citizenship, active Secret security clearance and the ability to maintain clearance required.
* Bachelor's Degree and 5 years of experience.
* Must possess an understanding of PM MC capabilities and hardware/software configurations and be familiar with the currently fielded systems.
What We Can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.