4 months ago
Software Engineer - Java
Req #: 206940
Location: Fairfax, VA US
Job Category: Information Technology
Security Clearance: TS/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Status: Must Be Current
CACI’s Enterprise Solutions & Services Division is seeking a talented and self-motivated Java EE web application software developer to join an exciting, complex, and mission focused software development project working with a team of talented and dedicated professionals based in the Chantilly, Virginia area. The selected candidate will join a high performing software development team supporting mission critical systems, and is expected to apply best software engineering principles and Agile engineering methodologies to research, design, develop, and modify application software.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Design, implement, document and support Java EE software components in accordance with established best practices.
* Develop, document, and analyze user requirements to define the problem at hand.
* Develop software modules that access relational databases such as Oracle and MySQL.
* Design, implement and maintain web services to interface with external business partners.
* Design, construct and maintain web based applications using Java EE technologies, complex business logic, and database performance optimization techniques hosted in a cloud environment.
* Communicate openly with engineering, requirements and test team members.
* Demonstrate solid problem solving and debugging skills to determine the root cause of a software defect.
* Experience with Spring MVC, Hibernate and Eclipse along with a knowledge of Oracle or MySQL.
* Ability to follow standard software development best practices and participate in code reviews, writing and updating technical documentation to include system design specifications.
* Experience building and executing unit test plans and experience managing code baselines with Git.
* Candidate must have an active TS/SCI Poly clearance to be considered.
* Strong troubleshooting skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
* Familiarity with AWS cloud services.
* Familiarity with DevOps tools (Jenkins) and best practices.
* Familiarity with JUnit, Java Mail and SMTP.
Education & Experience:
* Typically requires bachelor’s degree or equivalent, and 5 to 10 years of related experience.
* A degree, professional, or personal experience in the following disciplines: Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, or Math. Please apply if you do not have a degree as some of our best hires are self-taught.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. Join CACI, where you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian clients. A member of the Fortune 1000 Largest Companies and the Russell 2000 Index, CACI provides dynamic careers for approximately 15,000 employees working in over 120 offices worldwide.
CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.