4 months ago
Software Engineer (Java)
Specific Job Description
As part of the Lockheed Martin Systems Solution Software Development Team, the Java Designer/Developer will be responsible for performing logical models and design artefacts and developing solutions based on analysis provided by System Engineers. You will have a keen interest for investigating new technologies and providing working prototypes and demonstrations.
• Convert requirements into appropriate software design, documented in adherence to relevant standards.
• Produce code that satisfies the needs of the requirements and design documentation.
• Ensuring code reviews are carried out for the code developed as well as participating in reviews of other developers' code.
• To produce the required documentation for in-house applications, such as User Guides, Design Documents, Scripting Guides.
• To interact and provide technical assistance with the Systems Engineering department regarding the implementation of new functionality and Change Requests.
• To produce Configuration Management documentation such as Software Version Description Documents.
• Develop software and relevant user interface presentations in accordance with agreed design with consideration for usability, software quality and future maintenance.
• Identifying improvements to processes and procedures to save cost and/or schedule.
The role will not be authorized to provide services to Lockheed Martin, which are directly related to business development, acquisition, or sales efforts for a Lockheed Martin customer or potential customer. Any exception to this rule can only be granted, in advance, by the Lockheed Martin UK Business Practices representative or legal counsel representative.
Job Reference Number
Hours Per Week
United Kingdom (UK)
Established in 1991, Rotary and Mission Systems Integrated Systems (RMS IS), is a leading prime contractor and systems integrator responsible for a wide portfolio of high technology programmes, complex integration, training and through-life support, spanning the defence and civil sectors. The LM RMS IS business, a leading provider of systems engineering, software development and complex programme management for global security, cyber, civil and commercial markets.
Clearance Required for Role
Graduate, Intern or Apprentice Vacancy?
Required skills, qualifications and experience
* Java 7/8 Design and Development
* Agile Methodologies i.e. SCRUM
* Jira or similar
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
* JSF / PF
* EJB3 / JEE5/6
* Postgres (not sure I spelt this right)
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin recognises and actively promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. Discrimination on any of these grounds is expressly forbidden. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community.