5 months ago
SNC’s Enhanced Flight Vision Systems (EFVS) product line is experiencing dramatic growth and is changing aviation by allowing aircraft to be flown in Degraded Visual Environments (DVE). Through over a decade of development and investment, SNC has been instrumental in creation of the DVE market and is the clear leader in advanced DVE technology.
If you are an engineer interested in a challenging and rewarding career developing systems that save lives and change how aircraft are flown, the EFVS product line may be the place for you.
The Software Engineer III will join a team responsible for the design, documentation, and verification of real-time radar control, sensor processing and image generation software within the SNC EFVS product line for military and commercial aviation.
This position offers the opportunity to gain invaluable experience working alongside some of today’s brightest engineers and scientists developing cutting edge technologies to provide our customers with innovative, state-of-the-art products.
Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field
Minor in Mathematics or Physics is a plus
5 years of experience developing in C/C++ for embedded systems. C or C++
RTOS (Real-Time Operating System)
Must have experience developing and documenting Software Requirements and Design.
(must list at least 3)
* Software Requirements, Software Specification, Software Design, Software Architecture, DOORS, Doxygen, Enterprise Architect,
Must have experience with requirements-based software verification activities. (Must list at least 3)
* Reviews, Certification, Verification, Testing, Quality Assurance (QA), Standards, Test Cases, Test Procedures, static analysis, code coverage, data/control coupling, VectorCast, LDRA, LabView, MISRA
Process/Requirements Based Development (must list at least 1)
* CMMI, ARP-4754, DO-178, DO-254
* References to experience in other regulated industries (medical, automotive, gaming, etc.) are also acceptable.
* #, Python, Bash, Assembly, ADA, Java, Matlab, DXL, AutoIT
* Avionics Experience
* Avionics, 1553, UDP, TCP, IEEE, ARINC, MISRA, FACE, I/O, discrete,
Embedded Software Experience
* VxWorks, GreenHills, I2C, SPI, RS-232, RS-422, BSP, Driver, logic analyizer, oscilloscope,
* Tool Software experience
* DOORS, LDRA, VectorCast, MULTI, Eclipse, Visual Studio, Subversion, LabView, GIT, Jira, Crucible, Doxygen, Matlab, Simulink, OpenGL, lint, debugger, emulator
* Expert understanding of requirements-based software engineering processes.
* Basic understanding of computer science fundamentals.
* Ability to develop and document software requirements and design to satisfy system requirements.
* Ability to perform basic analysis of alternatives to design a software component.
* Ability to create software design documentation that complies with established standards.
* Ability to document and execute software test cases and procedures.
* Ability to perform peer reviews, and assess compliance to established standards.
* Self-starter, flexible and adaptable with excellent verbal, communication and people skills
* Strong technical documentation skills
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret/Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs to obtain U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement
· To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
– Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran, or any other protected status
pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.