8 months ago
The Software Engineer level 2 will have a minimum of 4 - 7 years of experience in design and developing software systems within defined requirement, subject to budget and technology constraints.
• Must have excellent communication skills for team interaction and to document and present technical issues in a straightforward and understandable way.
• Must enjoy working in a fast-paced work environment.
• Experience in SDLC process with medium and or large projects.
• Must have strong development skills to be able to provide technical guidance to the team members.
• Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• Advanced programming experience in Java (3+ years professional software development)
• Java Web Application Development Experience (JSP, Servlet) 2+ years
• Experience with Web MVC Framework (Spring MVC, Apache Struts etc) 2+ years
• Experience with Java Swing GUI design and development (2+ years professional experience)
• Experience developing stand-alone client applications in Java using Swing
• Strong experience with Java GUI frameworks and windowing toolkit libraries
• Familiarity with design patterns such as Model View Controller (MVC), Builder, Decorator, and Visitor
• Other desired skills: Oracle, SQL Server, Sybase, Hibernate, JPA, Spring Framework, Apache FOP (XSL-FO), Xerces (DOM), CSS, Log4j, EasyMock, Subversion, CGM, Team City, Eclipse IDE, WindowBuilder for Eclipse
• Fluency in object oriented software development
• Individual must have aptitude for visualizing, designing and developing software systems based on user requirements
• Demonstrated ability to develop design documentation using industry standard practices including illustration using class, sequence and other UML diagrams
• Proficient in SQL Database development interaction (Oracle, MS SQL Server, Sybase)
• Experience and understanding of Agile software development practices
• Provide technical solutions to a wide-range of complex problems that require ingenuity and creativity range of difficulty problems. Develop solutions that required integrity and creativity, thorough, practicable, and consistent with organization objectives
• Design, write, test, debug, and document software in languages and environments appropriate to development projects
• Interface with customers, test group personnel, and field support personnel to identify customer requirements and solve problems