4 months ago
Software Engineer II
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
Honeywell Aerospace is a $10B SBG (Strategic Business Group) with 40,000 employees in over 125 domestic and international locations. We are a leading global aviation supplier designing, manufacturing, and distributing advanced electronic systems, products, and services to commercial, defense and space industries. Our Electronic Solution Engineering, Platform Center of Excellence (Platform COE) has an immediate opportunity for an Embedded Software Engineer.
Develop firmware and low level software for a variety of embedded solutions ensuring compliance with work instructions and process requirements. You will also generate innovative solutions in work situations; trying different and novel ways to deal with problems and opportunities. Accelerate innovation and growth, teaming with the world's most talented engineers. We invite you to discover for yourself why a career with Honeywell is the opportunity you've been looking for.
Software architecture and coding
Requirements and design
Coordinate among cross functional teams
YOU MUST HAVE
* Bachelors degree in Computer, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or other computer-focused degree
* Minimum 3 years experience with embedded software development and integration.
* Software lifecycle understanding and experience (e.g. requirements analysis and development, detailed design, code generation, integration, test)
* Software development standards and process understanding.
* Software development experience with C/C++ preferred.
* Familiar with software design tools and methodologies, software requirement tools (including model-based-development), and software configuration management tools (such as ClearCase, ClearQuest)
* Ability to define, investigate and solve technical problems
* Goal oriented, a positive, can-do, get the job done attitude
* Effective communication skills (written and verbal);
* Diverse and global teaming and collaboration
* Experience with DO-178B software lifecycle is a plus.
Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.
Honeywell Aerospace Overview
* Remote Access Required
* Some Travel Required
* Continued Professional Development
* Job ID: req181892
* Category: Engineering
* Location: Lot #1, Las Americas Technology Park, State Road PR-2,, KM 117.3, Moca, PR 00676 PRI
* Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.