8 months ago
SNC’s Enhanced Flight Vision Systems (EFVS) product line is experiencing dramatic growth and is changing aviation by allowing aircraft to be flown in Degraded Visual Environments (DVE). Through over a decade of development and investment, SNC has been instrumental in creation of the DVE market and is the clear leader in advanced DVE technology.
If you are an engineer interested in a challenging and rewarding career developing systems that save lives and change how aircraft are flown, the EFVS product line may be the place for you.
The Software Engineer II will join a development team responsible for the design and development of real-time radar control, sensor processing and image generation software within the SNC EFVS product line for military and commercial aviation.
This position offers the opportunity to gain invaluable experience working alongside some of today’s brightest engineers and scientists developing cutting edge technologies to provide our customers with innovative, state-of-the-art products.
* Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field
* Minor in Mathematics or Physics is a plus
* 3+ years of experience developing in C/C++ for embedded systems.C or C++ RTOS (Real-Time Operating System)
Avionics Experience (must list at least 3)
* Avionics, 1553, UDP, TCP, IEEE, ARINC, MISRA, FACE, I/O, discrete,
Embedded Software experience (must list at least 3)
* VxWorks, GreenHills, I2C, SPI, RS-232, RS-422, BSP, Driver, logic analyizer, oscilloscope,
Tool Software experience (must list at least 3)
* DOORS, LDRA, VectorCast, MULTI, Eclipse, Visual Studio, Subversion, LabView, GIT, Jira, Crucible, Doxygen, Matlab, Simulink, OpenGL, lint, debugger, emulator
* C#, Python, Bash, Assembly, ADA, Java, Matlab, DXL, AutoIT
* Experience developing and documenting Software Requirements and Design.
* Software Requirements, Software Specification, Software Design, Software Architecture, DOORS, Doxygen, Enterprise Architect,
* Experience with requirements-based software verification activities.
* Reviews, Certification, Verification, Testing, Quality Assurance (QA), Standards, Test Cases, Test Procedures, static analysis, code coverage, data/control coupling, VectorCast, LDRA, LabView, MISRA
* Process/Requirements Based Development
* CMMI, DO-178, ARP-4754, DO-254
* References to experience in other regulated industries (FDA, medical, gaming, etc.) are also acceptable.
* Expert understanding of computer science fundamentals
* Basic understanding of requirements-based software engineering processes.
* Ability to implement software that complies with documented requirements and standards.
* Ability to perform basic analysis of alternatives to design a software component.
* Ability to create software design documentation that complies with established standards.
* Ability to perform peer reviews, and assess compliance to established standards.
* Self-starter, flexible and adaptable with excellent verbal, communication and people skills
* Interest in embedded systems, control systems, digital signal processing, computational geometry, graphics, computer vision, network communication, and/or applied mathematics.
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret/Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs to obtain U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement
To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
– Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran, or any other protected status
pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.