8 months ago
Sierra Nevada Corporation's Sensor Systems and Technologies group is looking for a Software Engineer II to join our team in the development, deployment and sustainment of our software and hardware systems. Our team provides integrated Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR), Electronic Warfare (EW), and Information Operations (IO) sensor system solutions for national security customers.
The position is located at our headquarters in Sparks, NV. Sparks is immediately adjacent to Reno and only 20 minutes’ drive from scenic Lake Tahoe in the heart of the Sierra. In addition to the night life, this area offers world class skiing, mountain biking, backpacking, hiking, kayaking – all of the outdoor adventures imaginable.
If you are ready to work alongside some of the industry’s top engineers and scientists to shape the future of this field, now is the time to make SNC part of your future. Look over the available position below and apply as indicated. We look forward to hearing from you.
As a Software Engineer, you will:
* Work directly with the lead software engineer to design, implement, integrate and test.
* Collaborate with other engineers to evaluate interfaces between hardware and software.
* Determine operational performance requirements of the overall system.
* Develop and implement test procedures and documentation.
* Troubleshoot designs operating within an integrated system.
* BS or MS degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering and a minimum 3+ years of experience
* Proficient in Java and C++ languages
* Linux OS experience (as user and application developer)
* Experience optimizing code for specific hardware characteristics
* Create Software Architecture, Design Documents, and Test Plans
* Occasional travel will be required to various facilities to assist with ground/flight system testing.
* Large team experience
* Experience with the Subversion, Redmine, and Netbeans/Eclipse tools
* RF system knowledge
* Technical leadership roles
* This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs to obtain U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement.
* To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
– Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran, or any other protected status
pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.