12 months ago
Software Engineer II
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
Honeywell Aerospace is looking for a Software Engineer to work in the Aerospace SATCOM Team in Ottawa.
The SATCOM Team specializes in satellite communications and related products and continues to meet significant challenges while pushing the limits of satellite communications. When it comes to connecting mobile users around the globe, Honeywell Aerospace is the source for world-class, innovative satellite communications solutions.
* Design and develop C/C++ embedded software
* Design and develop unit tests, regression tests, and component tests
* Communicate with other team members and stakeholders
* Drive innovation
The Honeywell building is a controlled goods program environment. Candidates must be eligible for CGP clearance.
Software Embedded Development
YOU MUST HAVE
* Bachelors Degree in Engineering or College Diploma
* Experience with C/C++ embedded software development
* Knowledge of Agile development methodologies (Scrum) is an advantage
* Aerospace knowledge is an advantage
* Capability to apply broad knowledge of one professional discipline or advanced knowledge of specific technical/operational practices
* Self-motivated and able to work with little supervision, by consistently taking the initiative to get things done
* Capability to update or modify working methods in your role by following defined procedures
* Interest and skill to collaborate with engineering functional teams
* Ability to consistently make timely decisions even in the face of complexity
* Dexterity to evaluate and recommend technical solutions based on standard or accepted technical practices
Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Aerospace Overview | Products
* Continued Professional Development
* * ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
* Job ID: HRD21957
* Category: Engineering
* Location: 400 Maple Grove Road, Kanata, ON K2V 1B8 CAN
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.