9 days ago
This software engineer position provides direct end user support to a critically important DHS regulatory office; monitoring and managing a currently deployed tool, and providing development support to a broader critical infrastructure protection program. This individual will provide subject matter expertise to the technical lead and program manager. The successful candidate will be experienced in web development, and be familiar with relational databases. Must also be proficient in using and integrating various open source and proprietary and COTS technologies. Occasionally they may be required to demonstrate current capability to customers and participate in design reviews.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America’s fastest-growing companies. Learn more about SNC
At SNC’s Electronic & Information Systems (EIS) team we bring together technology and innovation to develop, produce and manufacture a range of products from automated landing systems and precision approach systems for aircraft carriers to electronic warfare and translation systems. Our solutions are affordable and high impact for our customers’ challenging requirements. We take great pride in the quality of work we do, supporting our mission to help keep our country, our allies and our deployed personnel safe. Learn more about EIS
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
* Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions
* Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software
* Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems
* Ensures software standards are met
* Elicit, derive, and document software and/or system requirements to meet internal or external customer specifications
* Define software/and or system architecture, design software modules, and produce associated documentation per corporate or customer standards
* Write and test software modules and integrate with other software and/or hardware components
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
* Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours
* Other duties as assigned
* Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all SNC Policies, Procedures, and Compliance regulations (internal and external)
* Responsible for timely execution of all personnel-related activities such as Time Sheet completion, Performance Evaluations, Salary Reviews, Succession Planning, etc.
* Responsible for leadership oversight and for ensuring Department/Team training
* Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management
SNC job descriptions are meant as summarizations only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
* Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering or related Engineering discipline
* Experience designing and developing software
* Must be able to obtain DHS Suitability upon employment.
* This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs to obtain U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement
* To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.