3 months ago
Software Engineer I
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
Honeywell Aerospace is a $10B SBG (Strategic Business Group) with 40,000 employees in over 125 domestic and international locations. We are a leading global aviation supplier designing, manufacturing, and distributing advanced electronic systems, products, and services to commercial, defense and space industries. Our Electronic Solution Engineering, Platform Center of Excellence (Platform COE) has an immediate opportunity for an Embedded Software Engineer.
Develop firmware and low level software for a variety of embedded solutions ensuring compliance with work instructions and process requirements. As technical lead, you will drive projects to define product architecture, design and develop solution for highly complex software functions. You will use your experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. You will also generate innovative solutions in work situations; trying different and novel ways to deal with problems and opportunities. Accelerate innovation and growth, teaming with the world's most talented engineers. We invite you to discover for yourself why a career with Honeywell is the opportunity you've been looking for.
Software architecture and coding
Requirements and design
YOU MUST HAVE
* Bachelors degree in Computer, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or other computer-focused degree
* Knowledge on embedded software.
* Software lifecycle understanding (e.g. requirements analysis and development, detailed design, code generation, integration, test)
* Software development standards and process awareness.
* Software development experience with C/C++ preferred.
* Knowledge of software configuration management and change management practices.
* Ability to define, investigate and solve technical problems
* Goal oriented, a positive, can-do, get the job done attitude
* Good communication skills (written and verbal);
* Diverse and global teaming and collaboration
Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.
Honeywell Aerospace Overview
* Remote Access Required
* Some Travel Required
* Continued Professional Development
* Job ID: req181575
* Category: Engineering
* Location: Lot #1, Las Americas Technology Park, State Road PR-2,, KM 117.3, Moca, PR 00676 PRI
* Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.