6 months ago
Skyscanner is a leading global travel search site and app, a place where people are inspired to plan and book direct from millions of travel options at the best prices. We employ over 1000 staff across eleven offices globally, and, having reached market leader status, we were recently acquired by Chinese online travel company Ctrip in a deal valued at £1.4bn. While we remain operationally independent, our acquisition by Ctrip allows us to take the business to the next level of accelerated global growth. It’s a hugely exciting time for Skyscanner and the over 80m people who use us every month. We are unbiased and free, and our secret is in our unique proprietary technology that connects people directly to everything the travel industry has to offer.
We are seeking full stack software engineers (6 months contract) in our Singapore office to participate in our current projects. This role will be supporting our Partner Success Squad on tool development. You will be integrating with both Skyscanner systems and data streams, and 3rd party products (e.g. Zendesk, HubSpot etc.); developing scripts and MVPs that prove and validate the approach and customer value; developing services and tooling (incl. UI work) for hosting on our internal portal; writing user documentation & helping up-skill our Technical Account Managers.
What you can expect as a software engineer
* A supportive, trusting and transparent working environment
* A place to look at things differently and challenge and offer solutions
* Overall responsibility of multiple key product feature components within your area
* Collaboration across all relevant product engineering development lifecycles
* An opportunity to influence the engineers around you
What we are looking for
* Previous job experience as a full stack engineer ideally within an internet economy business
* It will be extremely desirable for you to have experience in AWS services (e.g. Lambda, ECS, etc.)
* Ability to perform requirements gathering and systems analysis
* Ability to deal with some ambiguity, push through barriers and get results
* Good experience in stakeholder management
* Modern engineering mindset and use of agile/lean methodologies for continuous delivery and improvement
* Good customer focus and appreciation of what makes good product, UX and design
We are proud to have a working environment that sets our employees up for success, as well as all the usual perks you would expect from barista machines to massage chairs, to free food, holiday buying scheme as well as frequent townhalls with our CEO. What we really aim for is a place where people can thrive, be trusted to make impact and ultimately help us put our users first.
Skyscanner can offer you large scale, complex problems where you can reach over 80 million users whilst enjoying a high level of autonomy and influence and a flexible working environment where you can thrive.
Join us now.
For more details on Engineering at Skyscanner you can check our Engineering Blogand followSkyscanner Engineeringon Twitter