2 months ago
The Boeing Company is seeking Software Engineers in support of a Flight Electronics Tools Development Team. This position will part of a team of SW Engineers with diverse backgrounds and skill levels. The successful candidate will support the full development life cycle. This includes requirements development, design, code, test, integration, formal qualification / certification of software tools that will be used in the development and deployment of electronic systems.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Engineering Test and Tech
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance, for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills and Experience)
* Applicants must possess a solid foundation in computer science and have a genuine interest in software programming to solve challenging problems.
* Knowledge of object oriented analysis and design methods, with coding experience in Java.
* Demonstrated creative, critical thinking and troubleshooting skills are required.
* Ability to communicate with stakeholders of different backgrounds and skill levels.
* Experience with Agile Software Development methodologies.
* Bachelor's Degree or Higher.
Desired Experience, Skills, and Qualifications
* Experience with Java/XML technologies, HTML5 web applications, web services, cloud deployments, UI development, microservice architecture/design, Test Driven Development (TDD), and/or Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) is a plus.
* Familiarity with Atlassian Suite (Jira, BitBucket, Bamboo, Confluence) is a plus.
* DO178C/DO330 or Safety Critical Software experience is beneficial, but not required.
Typical Education / Experience:
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 2 or more years' experience or a Master's degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award