5 months ago
The Boeing Company's Missile and Weapons (M&W) Division has been recently awarded multiple US Department of Defense (USDoD) contracts to provide products and engineering services to the support many of our nation’s critical defense and deterrence systems This Engineering effort includes development of new concepts all the way through sustaining existing software, hardware ,and systems. These systems employ some of the most complex and advanced technology in the world.
To support these efforts, we are looking for Software Development Engineers.
Duties for these Software Engineers include supporting software design and analysis, testing, data collection and analysis, reviewing and updating test procedures and Technical Orders, developing and presenting briefings, and other related tasks.
• Developing, writing, and testing software code
• Applying knowledge of software engineering methods and tools to define and characterize behavior of products, services, and processes.
• Integrating technical, cost, value, and safety considerations into the product definition to comply with Department of Defense, regulatory, and company requirements.
• Ability to develop and interpret requirements, data sets, reports, and specifications.
• Interfacing with other members of project or program teams, management, and technical staff to define and implement engineering solutions to meet group, organization, and company objectives.
• Determine and develop approaches to solutions.
• Developing, documenting, and maintaining processes, methods, and tools.
• Helping resolve technical issues that could affect cost, schedule, and performance.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Missiles and Weapon Systems
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance, for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills & Experience):
• Bachelor's and 2 or more years' experience or a Master's degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, or related technical field. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills & Experience):
• Knowledge and experience with software design, analyses and software test and verification are preferred.
• Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering.
Typical Education & Experience:
Bachelor's and 2 or more years' experience or a Master's degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, or related technical field. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
These positions are available in Heath, OH, Huntsville, AL, Albuquerque MN St. Charles, MO and Ogden Utah. Candidates must reside in one of these areas or be willing to relocate at their own expense.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award