9 months ago
Connect, Protect, Explore, and Inspire the World though Aerospace Innovation!
The Boeing Company is currently seeking junior software engineers - Early Career, to develop their careers with a team where software really matters. We are currently hiring for a variety of exciting opportunities with defense-related air-vehicle, modeling and simulation products, weapons systems and training devices in St. Louis, Missouri.
Applications include state-of-the-art sensing, communication, navigation, displays, simulation, and mission processing capabilities targeted at our fighter aircraft and associated products.
Software is an integral part of each of these products and these products are integral parts of the defense of multiple nations. If you come to work with us, you will be responsible for full life-cycle software development. Specifically you will have a hand in defining the requirements; designing, implementing, testing, and integrating the software; and supporting these products through delivery and in the field.
As a Software Engineer you will work with a team in a casual but professional environment where there is long-term potential for career growth into technical leadership or management positions.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance, for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications (Required):
* Ability to obtain a U.S. Department of Defense Interim Security Clearance before starting.
* Academic/Professional experience in software development for real-time or near real-time systems.
* Experience working through the software development lifecycle (including requirements analysis and development, design, code, integration, and test).
* Existing US DoD security clearance at the Secret or above level
* Bachelors degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Aerospace Engineering with strong software skills
* Software development experience in domains such as Real-time embedded avionics, simulation, modeling or test equipment software.
* Knowledge of or experience with agile software development concepts
* Professional experience with C++, C#, and/or Java.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Ability and desire to work in a team environment
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 3 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 1 or more years' experience or PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award