29 days ago
WHAT WE'RE ABOUT
We're creating an airline people love. It begins with each Alaska Airlines employee, bringing unique strengths and energy to our work in the air and on the ground. Every day, we go beyond what's expected and reach for the remarkable, together.
The e-commerce department at Alaska Airlines is looking for a full-stack Software Engineer to help build the next generation of our digital experience. Our agile development teams develop and support our products top-to-bottom and ship software on a regular basis (anywhere from daily to every two weeks). A successful candidate will thrive in a fast paced, autonomous team environment and is passionate about building software the right way. Finally, they will enjoy the reward of delivering business value quickly while working with product owners to help craft their roadmaps in pieces that can be delivered in an incremental nature.
Scope & Complexity
This individual contributor position supports software development activities for Alaska Airlines.
* Contributes as a full-stack software engineer on a scrum delivery team, collaborating with product owners, designers and other engineers to solve complex technology and business problems.
* Engineers, tests, deploys, and supports complex, full-stack customer-facing software applications.
* Ensures delivery of high-quality software by writing clean code and utilizing pair programming, test-driven development (TDD), and continuous integration/delivery.
* Actively engages in the technology industry; incorporating emerging technology into their day-to-day work.
* Develops an understanding and working knowledge for the team's guest experience, business, and systems.
Job-Specific Skills, Education, and Experience
* A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or 2 years of experience.
* Experience utilizing OO principles, clean code, and full-stack software development to solve complex problems.
* Excellent communication skills and a proven ability to collaborate with a variety of team members.
* Demonstrated passion for continuous learning and development.
* Experience with test-driven development (TDD), unit testing, pair programming and other Extreme Programming (XP) techniques.
* Experience with modern design principles, such as the development and utilization of cloud APIs, single-page web apps, hybrid mobile development, and SOLID principles.
* Experience in agile/lean development methodologies.
Job-Specific Leadership Expectations
Embody our values to own safety, do the right thing, be kind-hearted, deliver performance, and be remarkable.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Horizon Air and Alaska Airlines are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Horizon Air and Alaska Airlines will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with applicable Federal, State, and local laws.
Horizon Air and Alaska Airlines participate in E-Verify, a service of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and Social Security Administration (SSA), where required.
Job ID 34824
Location Seattle, WA
FLSA Status Exempt
Full/Part Time Full-Time