2 months ago
Software Engineer (C++ / Python)
Lakewood, NJ US
CACI International is continuing its partnership with the Army Communication-Electronics Research, Development and Engineering Center (CERDEC) / Research, Development and Engineering Command (RDECOM) / Intelligence and Information Warfare Directorate (I2WD) and CERDEC Flight Activity (CFA) in a recently awarded four-year opportunity that will enhance CFA’s mission in supporting the Warfighter. CFA Engineering and Support task order provides CACI the opportunity to enhance CFAs mission with state-of-the-art research, development and engineering, and to provide capabilities to better support aviation related projects for the advancement of C5ISR technologies. Join Team CACI to help meet the needs of the DoD and forward deployed warfighters.
What You’ll Get to Do:
As part of a small, accomplished team of experts, you will apply your significant software engineering skills to the design, development, and test of multi-function electronic warfare systems and applications. You will leverage your significant understanding of RF Instrumentation and Propagation, RADAR 3D, and possibly 2D harness drawings from available data sets. Experience using C++, Python, OOP, GUI, DSP, RF Waveforms, and Algorithms.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- Typically requires Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent technical discipline and 5 years of experience with embedded software/hardware/FPGA/SOC principals.
- Active clearance at TOP SECRET with SCI eligibility
- Ability and willingness to support a travel requirement upwards of 25%.
- Significant and verifiable experience with MATLAB (associated Toolboxes), Octave, NumPy, SciPy; equivalent other software will be considered.
- Significant and verifiable proficiency with the following:
* RF Propagation/RADAR:
- Round-trip travel time (Framing Delays based on Range)
-Pulse Repetition Interval (PRI)
-TX/RX gating and triggering
* System Engineering:
-Characterization of end-to-end system delay (from initiating the trigger command of the RX gate until the first digital sample is collected)
-Understanding the need for high-precision time-synchronization to "lock-step" the receiver-collection system with the RX gate of the RADAR
-Clock propagation to all components with low latency.
-Knowledge and use of Robust Analog RF filters, like K&L 10 stage-chebyshev, to remove intermodulation produced from reverberation of the RADAR's Direct/MultiPath transmission
* RF Instrumentation Experience:
- Understanding of the following concepts
*Receiver generated IM
*Spurious Free Dynamic Range (SFDR)
*Signal to Noise Ratio (SNR)
- Lab Hardware Experience
*Vector Signal Generator
*RSA Signal Analyzer
*RF Directional Coupler
*National Instruments RF components
- Hardware Automation I Command and Control
*Keysight (aka Agilent)
What We Can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.