2 months ago
Requisition ID: 16271
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackling the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies – Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
This software engineering position is within the B-52 Team in the Simulation & Training Solutions (STS) business area. STS develops and builds simulators and training systems for both military and commercial customers. Devices range in complexity from desktop training all the way up to high fidelity weapon system and full-flight training systems including full visual, motion, and simulator interoperability (HLA/DIS).
* Design, develop, implement, test, and debug real time software applications and associated user interfaces
* Support and enhance existing software products as necessary
* Capture and perform requirements analysis
* Further develop the architecture of software product designs
* Develop detailed software design specifications
* Modify/create engineering design documentation
* Review and critique peer engineering designs
* Present design to the customer during milestone events
* Provide accurate time estimates for the software development effort
Come be part of a team building a multi-million dollar flight simulator. Our team is looking for self-motivated, confident and passionate engineers to help us create advanced aircraft simulation and training devices and products for both military and commercial customers.
* A Bachelor of Science degree in a STEM program including Computer Science OR other Bachelor of Arts in a STEM program (including Computer Science).
* U.S. citizenship
* MFC or similar GUI experience
* C++ experience
* Object Oriented Programming
* Problem Solver
* Active or Current (within last 24 months) Secret security clearance
* Source code control (Subversion, Git, ClearCase etc.)
* Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
* Real-time programming
* Simulator experience
* Private pilot license
* Air Force / Bomber knowledge
* Continuous Integration / Automated testing
This position requires good oral and written communication skills, strong teamwork skills, and the desire to participate on a results-oriented team of Systems, Hardware and Software Engineers.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
* Medical, dental, and vision insurance
* Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
* Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
* Tuition reimbursement
* Life insurance and disability coverage
* And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Collins Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.