4 months ago
Job ID: 436949BR Date posted: Jun. 06, City: Rochester State: New York
Description:RMS's Analytics, PHM and Artificial Intelligence (APA) Innovations team applies technology, processes and expertise to a wide variety of platform data in order to drive proactive decision-making throughout the business. Data generated from on-board health usage and monitoring systems (HUMS), aircraft operations, and aircraft maintenance is collected, conditioned and analyzed to identify opportunities for improvements to an aircraft’s design and supportability. The ultimate business goal of is to increase the availability of supported platforms, reduce operational costs and to enable a strategic business shift to condition-based maintenance. APA’s rapidly evolving Analytics Development team functions like a small startup within RMS, rapidly developing solutions in pursuit of these objectives, and working with a wide variety of internal customer and expert groups.
This position within the APA Innovations Analytics team will be responsible for developing modern web based applications to support machinery health management and advanced analytic solutions for a variety of aerospace applications. This includes, but not limited to, the design, development, test, maintenance and improvement of software. The successful candidate will work closely with other Software Engineers, Data Scientists, and Engineering Subject Matter Experts to design and implement web applications that deliver timely and valuable business insights.
• B.S. in Computer Science, similar technical field or equivalent experience
• Software development experience in Java or similar software development language
• 1+ years of designing, developing, testing, maintaining and improving software
• 1+ years of full-stack development
• Experience with various databases, both RDBMS and NoSQL
• Knowledge of the software agile development techniques
• Knowledge of software version control
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to clearly explain the trade-offs between possible software solutions
• Extremely good problem solving and organizational skills
• Passion and ability to learning new languages and technologies
• US Person
• Familiarity with software development tools such as JIRA, Git and continuous deployment environments
• Interest in DevOps
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional Business Unit: ESS6500 RMS Relocation Available: Possible Career Area: Software Engineering Clearance Level: None Type: Full-Time Virtual Location: no Work Schedule: TEMPO: 9X80A - Standard Fri to Fri (Flex & Rigid) Shift: First