6 months ago
The Software Engineer will be responsible for designing and programming a small module or a large component and designing a feature, set of features, or whole feature area. Works independently and contributes to the immediate team and to other teams across business. Leads design discussion in a limited manner.
In addition, as the Software Engineer, you will:
* Expert in breaking down problems and estimate time for development tasks
* Skilled in providing oversight and mentoring team members
* Shows ability to effectively delegate work
* Demonstrates the ability to make informed technology choices after due diligence and impact assessment
* Understands whole product, its modules and the interrelationship between them while being an expert in the assigned component or module
* Helps in designing interfaces and information exchange between modules
* Serves as subject matter expert (SME) on one or more major modules
* Possesses advanced domain knowledge and shows great customer focus
* Demonstrates clarity of thinking to work through limited information and vague problem definitions
* Expert in processes / methodologies and Skilled in build, release & deployment processes
* Helps define his or her own role in the delivery of the product / service design
* Articulates the need for scalability and understands the importance of improving quality through testing
* Drives design reviews, defines interfaces between code modules, and applies existing technology to designs
* Expert in assessing application performance and optimizing / improving it through design and best coding practices
* Expert in core data structures as well as algorithms and has the ability to implement them using language chosen
* Drives functional design and implementation on one or more major modules
* Serves as SME and works closely with support and infrastructure services in troubleshooting customer and operational issues
* Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) from an accredited university or college
* A minimum of 4 years of professional experience in Software, Engineering, Digital or related field(s)
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENT :
* This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment
* Java, C
* Digital solution application
* Data mining / analytics
* Product dev life cycle experience
* Experience w/ user Interface dev
* Lead / support projects
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We’re diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @geconnections
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Working for GE Aviation is exciting & challenging. Come see what you are missing!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; Michigan; Muskegon, Norton Shores
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.