4 months ago
Specific Job Description
The Software Application Engineer will work in a DevOps environment and will support and enhance a subset of applications. The Senior Software Application Engineer is expected to be involved in all aspects of the application lifecycle and hence will design application enhancements, identify the defect root causes and will assist users seeking help and guidance with supported applications. This Engineer will report to the Lead Application Support Engineer and will liaise with both associated development teams and information assurance professionals.
* Deep support activities for developed applications managed through a Service Management framework.
* Resolution responsibility for Incidents, Problems and Event Service Management tickets.
* Maintenance of Business As Usual (BAU) supported applications.
* Development of application support artefacts and documentation templates.
* Software design and implementation of software enhancements.
* Ensuring software compliance standards are met by the application of appropriate processes, procedures and tools throughout the software development lifecycle.
* Providing input into estimating / planning, and contribute towards ensuring that Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are met.
* Applying knowledge of computer systems and software engineering best practice in the performance of their duties.
Job Reference Number
Hours Per Week
United Kingdom (UK)
Established in 1991, Rotary and Mission Systems Integrated Systems (RMS IS), is a leading prime contractor and systems integrator responsible for a wide portfolio of high technology programmes, complex integration, training and through-life support, spanning the defence and civil sectors. The LM RMS IS business, a leading provider of systems engineering, software development and complex programme management for global security, cyber, civil and commercial markets.
Clearance Required for Role
Graduate, Intern or Apprentice Vacancy?
Required skills, qualifications and experience
* Knowledge and demonstrated use of software development tools and procedures in a commercial software delivery environment
* Demonstrable knowledge and application of software configuration management tools and procedures including GIT and the Atlassion Suite (particularly JIRA and Confluence).
* Experience of following procedures relating to software architecture and design, software integration and test, and requirements verification.
* Java, JEE, EJB3, Hibernate, JPA - JEE
* Linux OS
* Kibana, ElasticSearch
* Good communication skills.
* ITIL Foundation.
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
* Knowledge of Agile Development - (Highly desirable)
* JSF (Primefaces) - (Highly desirable)
* Web Services, REST – (Highly desirable)
* XML, XSD, XSLT, JAXB – (Highly desirable)
* JBoss - (Highly desirable)
* Oracle/Relational Databases/SQL and MongoDB.
* Puppet, Chef
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin recognises and actively promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. Discrimination on any of these grounds is expressly forbidden. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community.