4 months ago
Specific Job Description
Successful candidates will be responsible for a performing a range of software engineering tasks across the development lifecycle, including but not limited to:
* Assisting with requirements analysis
* Software design
* Software testing
Support integration and test activities in support of system upgrades and deployments.
They will be expected apply their knowledge of computer systems and software engineering best practice in the performance of their duties and be responsible for ensuring software compliance standards are met by the application of appropriate processes, procedures and tools throughout the software development lifecycle.
Successful candidates will be expected to be knowledgeable and proficient in the application of a wide range of software engineering practices and will display a proactive and innovative approach to developing complex technical solutions to difficult customer business/mission problems under general direction from their project lead.
They will be responsible for assisting with accurate estimating/planning and will be expected to manage their own workload effectively to ensure that project milestones are met. This role will require frequent interaction with the customer in a technical capacity.
The position will be full-time within the existing team developing cutting edge software solutions for both customer and Lockheed Martin enterprises. The position requires solid software development knowledge and an understanding of the software development lifecycle. Work location is based around the Gloucester/Cheltenham area.
Job Reference Number
Hours Per Week
United Kingdom (UK)
Established in 1991, Rotary and Mission Systems Integrated Systems (RMS IS), is a leading prime contractor and systems integrator responsible for a wide portfolio of high technology programmes, complex integration, training and through-life support, spanning the defence and civil sectors. The LM RMS IS business, a leading provider of systems engineering, software development and complex programme management for global security, cyber, civil and commercial markets.
Clearance Required for Role
Graduate, Intern or Apprentice Vacancy?
Required skills, qualifications and experience
* Experience and demonstrated competence with at least one of the following programming languages:
* Java or C++, C#.
* Experience of database design and interaction
* Knowledge and demonstrated use of software development tools and procedures in a commercial software delivery environment.
* Demonstrable knowledge and application of software configuration management tools and procedures.
* Experience of following procedures relating to software architecture and design, software integration and test, and requirements verification
* Background and solid understanding of operating with methodologies such as AGILE in fast-moving project environments.
* Extensive software engineering/development experience in challenging environments.
* Experience of software development in a Unix/Linux environment.
* A passion for developing high quality software solutions
* Ability and willingness to support/mentor junior team members.
* Self starter with the ability to work with little supervision
* Proven ability to learn new skills quickly.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
* High standard of ethics and personal accountability.
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
Experience with one or more of the following:
* JBoss Application Server
* Web services
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin recognises and actively promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. Discrimination on any of these grounds is expressly forbidden. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community.