about 1 month ago
Software Engineer 1/Semantic Web Developer
Rome, NY US
CACI helps the Air Force Research Laboratory explore, prototype, and demonstrate new technologies, that enable the Air Force to maintain its technological advantage. We are seeking an experienced Java software engineer to help us develop Semantic Web technologies to enrich data and expand access to existing knowledge. This is a research environment where technical requirements change quickly as software prototypes are developed, tested, and evaluated.
As a Java Software Engineer 1, you will:
* Interact with CACI engineers and government technical staff on a daily basis
* Learn new programming languages, software tools and design patterns
* Identify technical needs and translate them into software requirements
* Discuss design/architecture choices with the engineering team
* Support presentations to audiences with varying levels of technical knowledge
* Collaborate with team for task decomposition and assignment
You should be interested in technologies like:
* Semantic Web
* Big Data
* RESTful Web Services
* Concurrent Programming
* Software Integration
You should be familiar with the technologies we use:
* Java SE/EE
* IDE (Netbeans, Eclipse and/or IntelliJ)
* Jira, Bitbucket)
Additional skills that would be beneficial:
BA/BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related discipline, or equivalent experience
You’ll Bring These Requirements:
* US Citizenship
* Must be able to obtain a Top Secret Clearance
* Experience with version control and issue tracking systems a plus
* Able to work on computers for long periods
* Available to work in-person at the AFRL facilities in Rome, NY
* Available to participate in infrequent travel
CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
What We Can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.