2 months ago
Software Development Technical Manager
Denver, CO US
What You’ll Get to Do:
Manage and coordinate a team of software developers within the Spectrum Intelligent Management Solutions (SIMS) organization. This team is responsible for building spectrum intelligent management solutions that enable our customers to obtain an awareness of what signals are present in the environment and allow them to more efficiently use the available spectrum.
* Manage and lead R&D government contracts to include employee selection, oversight of technical, contractual, and programmatic functions of the contract, and production
* Coordinate project requirements definitions according to the customer needs, plan and schedule project commitments, coordinate staff member assignments, and develop and manage to program budgets
* Organize development projects and work with functional managers to assign personnel to projects and to develop realistic program resourcing profiles, seamlessly merging and balancing organization, department and project wide resourcing needs
* Support the requirements, architecture, design, implementation, and test of large scale software systems
* Recommend and initiate process improvements and overall development practices
* Drive towards successful fulfillment, and extension, of strategic initiatives
* Provide team leadership and mentoring
* Prepare weekly and monthly progress reports on all projects of responsibility
* Travel to other CACI locations or customer sites as necessary
* Lead by example with respect to all matters related to compliance and security
* Understand and adhere to all CACI ethics and compliance policies
* Proactively ensure a safe work environment and adhere to CACI EH&S policies and procedures
* Perform other duties as required
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
* Demonstrated ability to provide strong customer focused leadership in the delivery of technically complex solutions with a highly skilled team
* Demonstrated excellence in managing software development projects and associated development, release, and quality processes
* Demonstrated success with internal and external customer oral and written communications
* Demonstrated commitment to success and the customer mission
* Experience successfully mentoring interns and engineers
* Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering and 6-8 years related experience or an equivalent combination of education, skills and experience (Master's degree preferred)
There is no clearance requirement to begin employment. As a requirement of continued employment you will be required to obtain TS/SCI clearance.
What We Can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.