3 months ago
Delta Air Lines, Inc., seeks a Development Manager for Loyalty/SkyMiles IT.
Delta Air Lines, Inc., is one of the world's leading international airlines and our number one focus is to enhance all aspects of each customer's travel experience. Delta is seeking a Development Manager to perform the following key job functions:
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES IN THIS ROLE
- Lead development teams to plan, design, and implement MVS Mainframe solutions.
- Lead development teams to plan, design and implement APIs and services
- Drive the delivery of APIs that expose the capabilities of the Mainframe based Loyalty Applications.
- Work with business and IT leadership throughout the strategic planning process to prioritize and scope future features and capabilities.
- Work with the Loyalty Product owners to maintain and enhance the Loyalty Mainframe system.
- Work with business and IT leadership to prioritize support and tactical issues to address immediate business needs while maintaining strategic direction.
- Plan staffing needs and allocations to support projects, initiatives, and support.
- Ensure service levels are understood and supports them being met.
- Communicate effectively with IT management, business partners and peers.
- Sets uncompromisingly high standards of performance for self and subordinates.
- Display a strong work ethic and sense of urgency. Demonstrates strong initiative to make things happen.
- Guides technologists to make sound decisions that support company priorities.
- Leadership of Development Team Members
- Collaborate with portfolio and Enterprise Architecture teams to drive the transformation and delivery of reliable, scalable and highly available Loyalty APIs
- Ensure API strategy is planned and executed consistently
- Develop and maintain the technology roadmap for the Loyalty suite of applications
SETTING PERFORMANCE DIRECTION: Translating broader business initiatives into clear team objectives and concrete individual goals, aligning appropriately with other groups for efficient, coordinated action.
MOTIVATING OTHERS: Creating a team environment where everyone wants to do their best and deliver results
DELEGATING: Broadly sharing responsibility and accountability of both routine and important tasks and decisions. Let direct reports finish their own work.
DEVELOPING AND COACHING OTHERS: Having awareness of each person's career goals; hold development discussions; and provide challenging tasks and assignments to promote development
HOLDING PEOPLE ACCOUNTABLE: Monitoring progress and results; give feedback eff
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR? / WHAT EXPERIENCE DO YOU NEED?
- At least 5-7 years of technical leadership (manager, advisor or equivalent)
- At least 1 - 3 years' experience with leading a team in development/implementation/support of mission critical APIs with high volume/throughput.
- Experience working on Agile teams
- Experience working with DevOps model is desirable
- Exposure to APIGEE platform preferred
- Mainframe development experience.
Delta Air Lines develops both strategic and tactical plans that create a safety-conscious environment resulting in employee safety and well-being.