5 months ago
Software Development Engineer II
Req #: 218102
Location: Westminster, CO US
Job Category: Engineering
Security Clearance: Secret
Clearance Status: Must be Obtainable
Job Description: LGS Innovations, a leader in solving the most complex networking and communications challenges, is seeking Software Development Engineer II for either our Lisle, IL or Westminster, CO location.
In this position you will work under general direction, perform research, design and software development in various aspects of IP/telecommunication systems on multiple hardware platforms utilizing Window, Linux and/or Unix-based operating systems. You also have responsibility for analysis, development and testing of software systems.
LGS Innovations solves the most complex networking and communications challenges facing the U.S. Federal Government, state and local governments, foreign governments, and commercial organizations worldwide. LGS delivers groundbreaking research, and advanced networking and communications solutions that provide an information advantage that contributes to the mission and operational success of its customers. LGS Innovations is a U.S.-owned company headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, with offices nationwide. We provide our employees with competitive compensation packages and a full range of benefits, including vacation, medical, dental, life insurance, a 401(k) plan, tuition assistance, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), and paid parental leave.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Design, implement, test and document software for communication systems and/or subsystem to meet customer needs
• Perform all aspects of the software engineering process from requirements reviews to code inspection to component delivery and sign-off
• Conduct research and development for Windows operating system
• Operate effectively and comfortably in a team environment
• Travel to other LGS Locations or Customer Sites as necessary
• Understand and adhere to all LGS Ethical and Compliance policies
• Proactively ensure a safe work environment and adhere to LGS EH&S policies and procedures
• Perform other duties as required
• Obtain/retain a government security clearance at the level required to perform the duties of the positionMinimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science and 2-6 years of experience or an equivalent combination of skills, education, and experience
Experience in software engineering and development for communications systems.
Experience with the software engineering process from requirements reviews, code inspection to component delivery and sign-off
Development experience on multiple hardware platforms utilizing either Linux or Unix-based operating systems
Experience with build and run systems, makefiles, and scripting languages also applied use of development tools (e.g. editors and compliers)
Demonstrated confidence debugging system-level issues with various lab equipment
Knowledge of Microsoft software applications and other software applications as required
Preferred Qualifications: N8:N9• Familiarity with protocol stack development, including wireless cellular protocol stacks (e.g., GSM, CDMA, UMTS, LTE)
• Embedded software that controls hardware (e.g. device drivers, microcontrollers MSP, ARM, PIC) experience
• Familiar with RF equipment and principles
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work under limited supervision and flexibility to adapt to change
• Good teamwork skills
LGS Innovations and its subsidiaries are wholly-owned subsidiaries of CACI International, Inc.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.