about 1 month ago
United States of America
HNC11: UTAS Headquarters (GR) 2730 West Tyvola Road, Charlotte, NC, 28217 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Do you want to be part of a new, exciting initiative to combine foundational IT with new digital technologies? Our Digital Technology (DT) team is driving business efficiencies and a better customer experience by connecting technologies, people, information and processes. From making aircraft more electric, intelligent and integrated to building new software platforms such as Internet of Things, big data, artificial intelligence, and blockchain, there’s no better place to be right now than in digital. If you’re an agile thinker who enjoys utilizing modern technology to make big improvements, then you’re a perfect fit for this team. Join Collins Aerospace and help us revolutionize the aerospace industry today!
You will report to the Associate Director of Web and Mobile, and can be located in either Cedar Rapids, IA, Charlotte, NC or Windsor Locks, CT.
• Support and enhance enterprise MVC web solutions throughout the full stack, including UI, API and back end.
• Provide third tier application support; investigate, troubleshoot, resolve, and provide closure for support requests.
• Effectively communicate with customers in reference to support requests.
• Accurately estimate project tasks and timelines.
• Work with architects and senior developers to create scalable, extensible and sustainable solutions.
• Partner with DevOps team for streamlined and effective deployments.
• Support rotating 24-hour on-call duties.
• Enhance technical acumen through research, user groups and professional development.
• This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 3 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is required.
• 3+ years C#
• 2+ years MVC web development
• 2+ years REST API
• 2+ years structured or semi-structured data stores
• Cloud technologies (Azure, AWS)
• Agile project methodologies
• Basic server administration
• Basic network administration
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.