2 months ago
Software Defined Radio (SDR) FPGA Engineer
Austin, TX US
TS/SCI with Polygraph
CACI delivers industry leading Signals Intelligence exploitation and Electronic Warfare (SIGINT/EW) products that enable our nation’s tactical warfighters to effectively utilize distributed grids of networked sensors, assets, and platforms to perform a variety of critical national security driven missions.
We are looking for talented, passionate Engineers, Scientists, and Developers who are excited about using state of the art technologies to build user-centric products with a profound impact to the US defense and intelligence community. We are seeking to grow our highly capable engineering teams to build the best products in the world. The successful candidate is an individual who is never satisfied with continuing with the status quo just because “it’s the way things have always been done”.
Offices for this opportunity are in Austin, TX. For those outside of the Austin area, relocation assistance may be considered on a case by case basis
What You’ll Get to Do:
The Software Defined Radio FPGA Engineer will develop and integrate cutting edge capabilities into Signals Intelligence (SIGINT) platforms and products, and will be a critical resource for conceiving, developing, testing, and deploying mission critical capabilities for our customers. Daily activities typically include working closely with hardware engineers, software engineers, and algorithm developers to define system specifications and architectures, to document detailed designs, and to implement, troubleshoot, and verify designs.
More About the Role:
The Software Defined Radio (SDR) FPGA Principal Engineer is responsible for the architecture and development of programmable logic functions utilizing FPGA devices. Designs include signal processing algorithms to support software defined radio functionality, data communication with peripheral devices, and other capabilities as required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Architect and implement FPGA solutions for wideband signal collection and processing systems
* Develop architectural approaches to enable future adaptation of FPGA signal processing solutions to new signal types
* Reverse engineer existing RF signal processing solutions
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
* US Citizenship is required along with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI security clearance is highly desired
* Bachelor's degree with 7-9 years of related experience or a Master's degree with 5-7 years of related experience.
* Recent experience with design and implementation of software defined radio capabilities for FPGAs (e.g., DDC, Digital Filters, Demodulation, CODEC, FFT)
* Experience with interfacing FPGAs to ARM and x86 GPPs
* Experience interfacing to peripherals using high speed interfaces (e.g., USB, PCIe, SATA,10/40 GbE, Aurora, RapidIO, DDR5, LVDS)
* Experience with Xilinx Series 7 and Ultrascale FPGA families
* Experience with VHDL design entry, constraint, simulation, and synthesis tools (significant experience working with Xilinx Vivado a plus)
* Experience debugging FPGA based systems using test equipment such as oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, signal generators, etc.
* Experience with the C and C++ programming languages
* Experience with Matlab filter design
* Ability to evaluate technical trade-offs
* Self-starter with good interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills
* Experience with radio frequency (RF) communications and/or radar systems
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
* Prior experience with community SDRs such as Ettus's USRP project
* Experience with analog or digital board design and layout
* Experience developing embedded solutions for ARM and GPU architectures given additional consideration
Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face. Some travel may be required.
What We Can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
- Experience developing embedded solutions for ARM and GPU architectures given additional consideration
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.