Morson Talent are currently recruiting for Skilled Fitters for exciting new opportunities on behalf of our prestigious client GKN at their Western Approach site. We are looking for Skilled Fitters to work a 6 month contract initially. The role will be 37.5 hours per week with overtime also availble.
Candidates must hold NVQ L3 in an aerospace disicpline or be time served in an aerospace disicpline.
Duration: 6 months
Shifts: 37.5 possibly couple of weeks on Days although most are starting straight on to Double Days, then Double Day Shift 6am to 2pm or 2pm to 10pm rotating weekly
£800 accommodation allowance for your first three months of contract initially, for candidates over 75 miles away.
• Assemble and trim composite and metallic aircraft components
• Drilling/Reaming/Countersinking of composite and metallic components
• Set aircraft components in calibrated build jigs
• Deburring and under head radius of aircraft components and assemblies
• Fettling using approved and calibrated setting tools
• Use of nut runners and pre-set torque guns for bolting
• Participate fully in local continuous improvement activities
• Work in line with Health & Safety site requirements
• Apprenticeship or recognised equivalent qualification
• 5 years minimum experience assembling aircraft components using drawings and processes
• Ability to assemble and trim composite and ancillary materials to close tolerances
• Good hand skills and co-ordination
• Understand aircraft drawings, limits and quality systems
• Ability to operate CNC machines and processes as required
• Self-motivation with good communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work both alone and in small teams
• Ability and willingness to undertake training and understanding of composite manufacturing techniques and processes
• To take responsibility to “self-certify” own work
• Working knowledge of IT systems including SAP and Microsoft packages
We are collecting this company information for you and we'll make it available soon.