OUR WORLD LEADING CLIENT BASED IN OXFORDSHIRE WITHIN THE AEROSPACE INDUSTRY IS LOOKING FOR SKILLED FITTERS/ WORKSHOP FITTERS ... X6 TO START ASAP!!!!!
Candidates must have some experience of working in the Aerospace industry, be it civil or military. Working a 40 hour week - 08:00hrs - 16:30hrs standard days!
Long term position with a 12-month rolling contract in place with a 4 week reciprocal notice period.
You will form part of a multi-disciplined team carrying out Inspections, Examinations, Repair and Replacement of Components within the Workshop Environment.
* The candidate will have a recognised engineering background within the Aerospace Industry.
* The candidate must have a good level of education and the ability to speak and write technical English to a high standard.
* The candidate must be able to attain UK Security Clearance.
* A flexible approach is required as each day may see the candidate working in different areas within the workshops or a Hangar environment with the possibility of Line Maintenance as priorities change.
* The candidate should have the desire to develop within the organisation, contributing to future capabilities and be able to demonstrate the ability to obtain Component Certification approvals.
* Previous experience in Quick Engine Change build up, Propeller Assemblies, Aircraft Role Equipment, Survival Equipment.
* Recognised apprenticeship and/or 5 years' experience within the Aerospace Industry.
* Awareness of MAA and /or Part 145 engineering practices and regulations.
* Human Factors, EWIS, SFAR.
Key Workshop Activities:
* Undertaking scheduled and unscheduled maintenance tasks on TP400 engines in the Quick Engine Change Bay, which includes stripping and dressing of QEC's, receipt and despatch, modifications and repairs.
* Performing duties in the Role Equipment Bay that includes the provisioning of Role Equipment kits, management of assets, component inspection, test, repair and return to service of the Role Equipment. Issue a Certificate of Component Release for equipment within the Scope of approval.
* Ensuring the storage conditions of Role Equipment and components are maintained such that they meet technical and Regulatory requirements.
* Other elements of component maintenance as future capability evolves.
Ad-hoc Aircraft Maintenance support:
* Occasional support for the Aircraft Maintenance Teams within the Hangar or Line Operation.
* Support any OEM working party activities that may be required within the Workshop.
* Assist with on-going improvement and expansion initiatives.
* Mentor and support new staff.
To apply please forward an up-to-date CV for consideration stating your current availability/notice period