5 months ago
Site Reliability Engineer (~25% Profit Sharing)
Req #: 210342
Location: Aurora, CO US
Job Category: Information Technology
Security Clearance: TS/SCI
Clearance Status: Must Be Current
BIT Systems, a CACI Company, is looking for the newest member of the FADE Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team to focus on the overall reliability of a complex and ever-changing system with a fast growing user base. Your responsibilities include maintaining complex computer systems by writing code to automate software releases, monitor systems, and detect and fix problems before users even know there's an issue. You use these skills to improve site performance overall reliability.
You're the type of person that automates any and all mundane tasks and so you can focus on solving real issues. Problem solving is your passion and you enjoy discovering the root cause of an issue. You work well in a team environment to solve complex problems. As an SRE, you will work alongside the development team to ensure speedy and reliable software deployments, monitor systems, and improve overall reliability of the platform. In addition, as you discover and document system bugs, you have the motivation to go off and fix them yourself. You have experience participating in the complete agile software life cycle including planning, scrums, sprints, and frequent software releases. You thrive in a fast moving environment and enjoy learning new technologies and overcoming new challenges. You have a strong understand of configuration management and infrastructure as code to ensure consistency across multiple environments. Your most important skill is your ability to learn and pick up new technologies.
* Typically requires bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related major or equivalent, and five to seven years of related experience.
* 5-7 years relevant experience software integration and/or test
* Strong grasp of Linux
* Automating tasks by writing quality code
* Configuration managements tools (Puppet, Chef)
* Monitoring complex systems (Nagios, ElasticSearch, Grafana)
* Automation tools (Jenkins, Bamboo)
* Source-control systems (Git, SVN)
* Candidate must have a TS/SCI clearance and have or be willing to obtain a current Polygraph
* Candidate must be certified to meet DoD 8570 level IAT-II qualifications. A Security+ certification is required within 6 months of start date.
* Willing to share on-call responsibilities to include coming into work during non-business hours to troubleshoot customer issues
* Cloud computing environments (Amazon Web Services)
* Container orchestration frameworks such as Docker and Kubernetes
* Strong background in data stores including PostgreSQL and Accumulo
* Experience with building Java code and deployables (e.g. jar, war, ears, OSGI)
* Geospatial Information Systems (GIS) and OGC standards (WMS/WFS/KML)
* Familiarity with agile development methodologies
Additional BITS Information:
BITS, a CACI Company, benefits are unique. Basically, BITS benefits equate to 50% of salary on TOP of your base salary. The first part is a tax qualified profit sharing retirement plan to which BITS annually contributes up to 25% of your base salary (not in excess of applicable IRS limits) to your retirement account under the plan. The second part consists of BITS' Individual Benefit Account (IBA), which is used for premiums, medical reimbursements, dependent care, education and Paid Time Off (PTO) policy. Both components of the BITS benefit package are paid for by BITS in addition to your base salary and potential performance bonuses.
We believe in healthy home/work balance; both our locations offer a wide variety of activities to balance with your work life.
What We Can Offer You:
* CACI Named a Top Workplace in Colorado by The Denver Post
* Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
* We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
* We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
* For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.