3 months ago
Site Maintenance Team Leader
Ampthill - Bedfordshire
Specific Job Description
To provide first level line management to the hard services team, which comprises multiple trades including electrical, mechanical, plumbing, and HVAC.
The candidate will need to be reasonably computer literate have experience of utilising a CMMS and of managing a maintenance team.
They will have a core trade in which they will be the SME.
The role will be interacting with internal customers and stakeholders so the ability to communicate appropriately with LM staff at levels up to Director will be required.
* Manage LM Appraisal of direct reports
* Process time sheets of direct reports
* Manage team holidays to ensure site cover
* Manage the facilities call out rota
* Identify the team’s training requirements
* Responsible for team performance
* Responsible for processing of team absence management
* Mentor to junior team members
* First line responsibility for safety i.e. production and issues of RAMs, permits etc.
* To efficiently deliver the maintenance activities utilising the existing team and booking and Control of external contractors including monitoring and reporting on issues
* Ensure all statutory inspections completed on time for assets under facilities control
* Be responsible for the safe operation of plant by team members
* Develop and improve maintenance job plans for facilities assets
* Check returned job plans/SSR’s for accurate and correct content before submitting for CMMS entry
* Act as facilities representation for project handover/acceptance of new plant
* Carry out team briefings/ act as management representation to the hard services team
* Ensure identified consumables are available prior to PPM issue
* Meet assigned KPI’s for task turnaround and equipment uptime
* Plan and organise maintenance shut down activities
* Facilities owned areas to be kept in a clean, secure and compliant state
* Collection of new asset registration data for submission to tech admin
* Cover for hard/soft services engineering lead if required
* Daily use and support of CMMS to control workflow
* The role will be issued with an LM credit card and will ensure correct and appropriate use of company credit card
Job Reference Number
Hours Per Week
United Kingdom (UK)
We are looking for talented individuals with demonstrable experience in delivering complex, high value, critical components and services from suppliers. In return, we can offer an exciting and challenging career path. Please note that the LMUK Ampthill working pattern is a 9 day fortnight with the site closed every second Friday.
Clearance Required for Role
Graduate, Intern or Apprentice Vacancy?
Required skills, qualifications and experience
Previous supervisory experience of a site services/maintenance team along with use of a CMMS.
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
* Ideally, from a service provider hard services supervisory background but must have experience of managing a small maintenance team.
* Previous use of a CMMS system i.e. Maximo, EAM etc.
* Appropriate to core trade
* IOSH managing safely
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin recognises and actively promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. Discrimination on any of these grounds is expressly forbidden. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community.