about 1 year ago
Do you have a passion for teaching and instructing fellow aviators? Then we want to talk to you! CommutAir is a growing regional airline – we are projected to triple our seniority list over the next 2 years. Be part of an energetic and dynamic team and contribute your knowledge and experience to grow and train the best team of airline pilots!
We expect applicants to live close to their assigned location.
As a simulator instructor you are authorized to provide flight instruction in a simulator or flight training device under 14 CFR 121 Appendices E & H (Advanced Simulation Program) and may certify the satisfactory completion of each flight training module or segment.
* Prepare and maintain accurate, error-free training records and documentation.
* Maintains classrooms and other training facilities in a clean, neat condition.
* Continuously review company, industry, government and related publications to keep current on methods, procedures, policies and regulations.
* Participate in the development and presentation of any special department or company training efforts.
* Maintain a personal appearance, conduct and demeanor consistent with the professional, customer-oriented manner expected of flight crewmember personnel.
* Instruct curriculum segments common to other training programs.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree or a combination of education and related experience
* FAA ATP - Multi engine certification
* 1-2 years of airline operations or equivalent work experience
* Previous 121 flight crewmember experience preferred
* Previous airline or aviation classroom teaching experience preferred
* Ability to work additional hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed
* Legally authorized to work in the US
* Fluent in the English language
* Position requires some physical exertion such as pulling, pushing, reaching, bending, standing, walking and light lifting of boxes, bags, files, etc. not in excess of 30 lbs.
* Position involves long periods of simulator instruction.
* Involves teaching in aircraft simulators which may be hazardous and noisy.