Competitive Salary (DOE)
This is an exciting opportunity for a Simulation Engineer to lead a wide range of simulation projects within an innovative organisation aiming to revolutionise the way people fly. The company mission is to make air travel personal to the customer, on-demand and environmentally friendly by being carbon-free.
The role will work with the Heads of department and alongside teams of highly skilled engineers, in order to ensure simulation activities deliver critical information to support product development and influence technical strategy.
The role will also involve hands-on development to extend the core flight simulation into other tools within the business.
- Creating a prioritised simulation development plan and managing the delivery
- Ensuring a focus on verification and validation of simulation models, coordinating with different teams in the business to manage this.
- Engaging effectively across all disciplines to ensure simulation best practice is implemented and understood by people with varied technical backgrounds
- Maintaining awareness of simulation technology developments and exercising judgement in determining when and how to adopt these into new working practices
- Software implementation to integrate simulation into testing capabilities
- Supporting the teams as required to explore and validate technical solutions
Basic qualifications / Experience
- Educated to degree level or higher in Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or equivalent
- Excellent Matlab and Simulink skills
- Strong knowledge of current and evolving simulation technologies
- Be able to apply your experience to small vehicles of novel design and operational characteristics
- Good supporting knowledge of multi-physics problems
- Passionate about technology and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment where flexibility is essential
- Communication of complex ideas so that they are understood by different audiences
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Worked within a highly regulated environment (aerospace/medical/automotive)
- Experience working with multiple types of air vehicle, including rotorcraft/multirotors
- Directly involved in flight test programmes
- Good supporting knowledge of hardware/software development and system integration
- Have run distributed simulations
- Working knowledge of Unity/Unreal
- Able to demonstrate a commitment to professional development
Company benefits include (but are not exclusive to):
Competitive salary 25 days holiday + bank holidays Flexible benefits scheme
Free breakfast Performance-based bonus Birthday day off
Flexible working hours
This company is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. They do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply now for more details by sending your CV via the link provided and we will be in touch for a confidential discussion.