6 months ago
Simulation and Test Means Engineer (m/f)
Airbus Helicopters Donauwörth
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
Airbus Helicopters in Donauwoerth is looking for a Simulation and Test Means Engineer (m/f) within the area Engineering Test, Simulation & Services for the department ETXSOS.
This position will require a security clearance or will require being eligible for clearance by the recognised authorities.
Disabled applicants with equal qualifications will be given special consideration.
Please submit your CV in English and German.
Tasks & accountabilities
You will work in the "Engineering Test, Simulation and Services" Department, more precisely in the "Simulation & Tools". Its mission is to provide and
support efficient and innovative Simulation & Test Means mainly to the Design Office. These means are used for the Validation & Verification of the
* Early Concept -Validation with fully virtualized Helicopter + Environment
* Design Validation with Simulation Cockpits
* Software Verification with desktop simulations
* System Verification with partially real System parts (H/W -in -the -loop: Helicopter -Zero, Test Rigs)
* Customer Support with Training Simulators or rigs for troubleshooting, maintenance training, or pilot training
* Flight analysis in support of flight safety
The Test -System is a complete eco -system of "Test Procedure Management Tools", "Automatic Test Sequencers", "Real -Time Test Tools", "Test Report
management tools", "Simulation Frameworks", "Simulation Models", "Hardware interface boards for the Avionics", etc...
In Donauwörth there are approx. 30 deployed occurrences of such Test -Systems, plus many mobile occurrences as well as many deployed simulations.
Further Test -Systems are installed in France, Australia, Spain, Sweden and Brazil. A close partnership with these entities is to be maintained, requiring
You will be the focal point for your users, being responsible for the Tool -Suite availability and reaching a good level of Customer Satisfaction.
You will be working in a team, requiring cooperation, following standards and team spirit.
You will be working with sub -contractors, which ensure part of the Tool Maintenance in operative conditions (MCO), in particular you will coordinate the
support for the tools developed within the department.
In this position, you will be:
* Responsible of the availability of the Test Systems, monitoring availability and performance, pro -actively solving detected deficiencies, investigating root causes, coordinating the Test System support activities for all Development Avionic Test installations.
* collection of the needs, building a roadmap of the requests and continuously updating it,
* specification of the functional requirements to implement the requests,
* following the development to ensure it continues to fit to the needs and the requests are addressed,
* validating the tool -suite in its operational environment,
* ensure a roadmap is available and always up -to -date,
* lead the diagnosis of troubles. With a methodic system approach you will ensure the right diagnostic is made between avionics systems, Test tools, including H/W and S/W, IT -infrastructure, methodology and processes, ensuring a high availability rate of the Test means.
* pro-active follow -up of the deployed Test Systems (H/W and S/W), ensuring the actions are addressed,
* interacting with IT to ensure correct IT support is given,
* interacting with the Software Tool development team in Marignane (France),
* Responsible of the deployment of the tool -suite to the System Rigs, ensuring on -time, on -quality and on -costs deliveries, ensuring a continuous management of the deployed instances,
* Responsible of developing, integrating, maintaining and supporting Test Scenarios in the Test System for end -users. With the support of a development back -office in Marignane/Donauwörth.
* Responsible to continuously improve the Test Systems and the processes, in order to allow the end users to improve their Efficiency
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills:
* Professional experience in Engineering
* Experience in support activities would be beneficial
* Knowledge in simulation, software tools, aeronautics and avionics
* Knowledge in Software Programming (C++, Qt, Matlab)
* Strong customer orientated mindset and Service Mindedness
* Particular interest for Continuous Improvement
* Technical knowledge on Windows and especially UNIX/Linux
* Experience in international cooperation
* Beeing pro -active, willing to drive innovation and have good communication skills
* Education in Software, Aeronautics, electrical or system engineering or equivalent qualification
* Languages: German and English, spoken and written. French would be beneficial